Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And another... may be an old Leo's Gold font

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by letterman7, Sep 13, 2018 at 4:30 PM.

1. letterman7

letterman7 Very Active Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    fire.jpg

Seen it before, and absolutely can't find it in my file folder..

Tags:
  2. JR's

JR's Very Active Member

Sep 6, 2007
    swansea Ma 02777
    close to LHF Smalts Regular (Regular)

3. letterman7

Nov 10, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Yeah, close, not quite close enough. This will be matching other existing copy. Yikes....

4. letterman7

Nov 10, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Aannnd... it's an RJ Marx product.

5. SignsSupport

SignsSupport Support & Tech Administrator

Jan 16, 2017
    Cyberspace
    Don't know if you found the 'exact' match ... Closest I could find seems the King Wood font family.
    See https://www.myfonts.com/fonts/canadatype/king-wood/ ... It's not exact but close. HTH,

SignsSupport

6. letterman7

Nov 10, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    That's actually not bad! I'll have to bookmark that for later use. RJ Marx won't sell even a typeset word - they'll only sell their product as a finished product. Not a great business model, but whatever.. I've replaced enough of their work (and digitized each letter) to have half the alphabet so far...

• Like Like x 1
  7. SellersSign&Design

SellersSign&Design Premium Subscriber

Apr 22, 2013
    Harrisburg, NC
    That’s odd, they used to typeset everything I needed (for a fee). I ended up making my own font to resemble this one. FYI, RJ Marx used to actually be in the Pierce factory. They did all of Pierce’s graphics, then they ended up moving out on their own but Pierce kept a copy of the fonts and other files. So you’ll see this lettering on Pierce trucks and trucks that RJ Marx does.