Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

...and i thought the printer fumes gave me a headache!!!

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by gabagoo, Dec 13, 2012.

1. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    My neighbours next door are in the construction landscape business and for the most part their unit is used for storage all year.... Today they are cleaning up the equipment and doing some re-painting . I have no idea what chemicals they are using but it stinks like kerosene in here and everyone has headaches..

Went next door and told them this was not good and they need the door left open to paint (freezing outside)...They did but now the door is shut again....

They are good guys for the most part, seeing that they are never around...but this is bad

Tags:
  2. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Thought you were going to say your pup was gassy.LOL Mine will drive me right out of the office.

3. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Don't light up a cigarette.

Seriously, if they are spraying with solvents inside, it's not gonna do any harm to anyone if you get away from the place.... except maybe them. I'd tell them, you're leaving for the day and if it happens at all ever again, you will report them for breaking various codes and health hazards.

If this is not routine, then I'd try to overlook it. Afterall, it's your neighbor.

4. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    Who cares about the pup, we had an 80 yr old woman come out here and blow up our crapper leaving a "gift" on the seat two days ago. She cracked one off on the way out and it stunk up everything.

5. rjssigns

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    eeeewwwwww...YUCK

6. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    She probably emptied her bag, lol

7. gabagoo

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario

He used to be when i first got him. he would sit under my desk and just let them fly...It was awful...but then the vet said try a new food and I never smell anything out of him now

8. gabagoo

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    The headache is gone now, i guess they finished...Ironically this happens the day I bring in a guy to put in a powered vent for the mimaki. he been here for 5 hours and still working away.... Then tomorrow he is putting in a 20' radiant heater in the back shop!!! I can hardly wait for the warmth to begin....absoulutely hate the gas heater in the back shop, blowing crap everywhere and it constantly being chilly. sorry for the horizontal pic...damn I phone

Attached Files:

9. d fleming

d fleming Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Middleburg, Florida
    If my Dobes don't have the proper food they are not fit to be around!

10. CheapVehicleWrap

CheapVehicleWrap Very Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Smell like Walt & Jessey cooking a batch.

11. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario

Damn Barry,your shop is a lot cleaner than I pictured it, with some of the stories you told me I assumed it looked like a bomb went off!

12. rjssigns

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Gabagoo you will absolutely love your radiant tube heater. I have 2 Space-Ray brand in my shop. Warm as toast and explosion proof.(sealed with outside air for combustion)
    Wife says I need to have explosion proof things around me. Wonder what she was getting at...?

13. gabagoo

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario

It's clean enough, but because of the clutter that I am constantly trying to clear up it is hard to walk around without banging into 54" rolls of something.... I even sometimes get the domino effect....oh thats fun.

Here is a pic of where this vinyl congregates and causes trouble....I can hear them laughing at me at times.... The horror....the horror!!!:covereyes:

Attached Files: