• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anger Management, need parts now

Kemble

Graphtec 24" CE3000-60

So I'm cutting a job in some metallic brushed vinyl. Brand new blade, Brand new cutting strip. I run a test cut and the triangle and square cut great, even shows a tiny score line in the liner. Run a job and go to weed it.... about 80% of the job doesn't cut all the way through the vinyl and the other 20% cuts THROUGH the vinyl and the liner. After dinking with it for over an hour, wasting LOTS of vinyl my frustration took the best of me and I put my fist through the control panel :( :banghead:

While I got my 1 second of relief I now have a cutter with a smashed in control panel and a destroyed screen and a TOTALLY pissed off wife making me relive my douche bag moment over and over again.

Anyways... Can someone tell me where I can get a replacement screen, touchpad and possible right side plastic casing?

The cutter still seams to be working fine. I'm able to load vinyl and get it set up and cut still, I just have to hold the touchpad in my hand and blindly remember what the screen is saying.

Latigo

Sorry I can't help with parts, but did you actually check your Teflon Strip before heading for Mars? :Big Laugh Its the single most common reason for what you're describing.

GRAPHTEC

The control panel and the cover are 2 separate peaces, the control panel also called Sheet Switch(this is how you will ask for it when u contact Graphtec)
is basically just a sticker, clean the surface on the cover w/ rubbing alcohol, allow to dry and stick the new one on> if your fixing the old cover remove the old control panel, completely remove all left over adhesive, a heat gun helps to get the adhesive softer. To remove the cover is just a matter of having a phillips screw driver w/ a long neck- the 3 holdes on that cover is where you'll find the screws, one the 3rd screw comes out pull the cover off slowly as there is a flexible cable attaching the cover to the machine- disconnect the cable from the cover end.
sheet switch CE3000-60 part # 682132084