• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Annoying fonts

Signed Out

does anybody have the problem when scrolling through fonts in illy that it gets hung up on one font, then skips to the end, making it real annoying to scroll through fonts? thought i fixed it by hiding or deleting the fonts that were getting stuck on and it worked for about 20 min. but then it just started getting stuck on different fonts. i think it might have something to do with downloaded fonts but im not sure. Any ideas?

Mike F

I have the same issue in Inkscape, I think it's because it's trying to render so many previews at once from so many different files. Now that I think about it, could be similar to how big files take longer to load if they're fragmented, where the fonts are all scattered around the hard drive and it has to look all over like crazy to find them all.

SignManiac

I've found that most adobe products are plagued with a lot of bugs and are inferior for most design work. I never hear anything good about it :)

mikey-Oh

I believe this issue is due to poor typefaces, as the OP hinted.
If I understand this correct, the protection's designed to keep lazy designers safe from choosing a font that's missing something in the copy
i.e. parentheses, quotes-marks, commas, an entire lowercase.....

x2chris7x

I have also had this problem in illustrator... To fix: Edit>Preferences>Type> make sure "enable missing glyph protection" is checked. This seemed to work for me.

x2chris7x

Or maybe it needs to be unchecked, idk... I can't remember lol Just try one or the other and it should work...