• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Annoying little window

Colin

When I "Copy" an item in Corel to the Clipboard, upon closing the file I always get this little window asking if I want to "Leave data on Clipboard for other applications?" Well, duh, why wouldn't I? Is there a way to stop this message from popping up every time?

Attachments

• Copy.jpg
    Copy.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 103

Colin

Tried that, didn't work. I guess I prayed to the wrong god. Thousands of gods to go through yet though. Sigh.

JoySigns

I always click NO don't save to clipboard. Most of the time you don't want it there unless you want to use that copied image immediately in another program, it just takes up RAM if you click yes.

qmr55

I made something for you, try it out. I don't have CorelDRAW so I can't test it.

Just download it here.
Open it whenever in CorelDRAW.
Select whether you want it to click "Yes" or "No"
Press Start.

Colin

I always click NO don't save to clipboard. Most of the time you don't want it there unless you want to use that copied image immediately in another program, it just takes up RAM if you click yes.

Huh? I always do want it to be saved to the Clipboard, that's why I Copied it in the first place. I just find that having to click this extra little window a pain. I don't know of any other programs that do this.

Colin

I made something for you, try it out. I don't have CorelDRAW so I can't test it.

Just download it here.
Open it whenever in CorelDRAW.
Select whether you want it to click "Yes" or "No"
Press Start.

Thanks. Does it effect other pop-up windows?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Here's another. It's so hard to see out that since it's so high and stinks to high heaven in the summertime.

Attachments

• outhouse-.jpg
    outhouse-.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 73

Roto

When I "Copy" an item in Corel to the Clipboard, upon closing the file I always get this little window asking if I want to "Leave data on Clipboard for other applications?" Well, duh, why wouldn't I? Is there a way to stop this message from popping up every time?

If you are copying graphics between 2 Corel documents say Yes or you will lose the info if you arn't coping between two documents Say No.

If you need to use Corel graphics in any other program it is better to Export in the correct format for that program. e.g. EMF for MSWord

Roto

Colin

If you are copying graphics between 2 Corel documents say Yes or you will lose the info. If you arn't coping between two documents Say No.

Yes, I understand that. My question is why the window comes up at all, and if there's a way to stop it from displaying.

round man

that window prompt asks a simple question for a simple reason,...windows clipboard will keep some item you have copied stored in memory until the next time you reboot or shut down,..if you want to use the item copied in corel or another progrm again one would obviously click yes to leave the item to be stored in memory,....if not you can free up memory by clicking no and corel will clear the clipboard to free up memory which for some dumb reason windows does not,....

Billct2

You may have copied somthing to use in the current file you are working on. So you wouldn't want it to remain on the clipboard when you're done with the file.

Colin

You may have copied somthing to use in the current file you are working on. So you wouldn't want it to remain on the clipboard when you're done with the file.

But would't it be std practice to simply use a Ctrl+D command to copy something if you're just using it within that same file? I don't know any other software that brings up this little window.

Joe Diaz

I feel the same way. If I'm copying something from one file to the other, both files stay open until it has been successfully pasted where I want it. I don't close that other file until I'm completely done using it for the time being, in which case I do not want that content taking up space on my clipboard using up memory. So 9 times out of ten, I click no. So I like it.

2B

I feel the same way. If I'm copying something from one file to the other, both files stay open until it has been successfully pasted where I want it. I don't close that other file until I'm completely done using it for the time being, in which case I do not want that content taking up space on my clipboard using up memory. So 9 times out of ten, I click no. So I like it.

+1 Exactly what we do as well

2NinerNiner2

The "wherefores" and the "whys" are not at issue here.

As Colin has pointed out, and rightly so, Corel is the ONLY, I say again, ONLY program out of the "gazillions" that I have used since 1980 that proffers this dialog.

And I am a +1 on the "annoyance factor" of same. Can we please be presented with a method to turn off this "feature".

allamericantrade

+1 It's amazing how much information is open when working with designing software. I get the same message in flexi and I am glad that I am able to rid all the excess info. already put it where I wanted it to be, don't need it taking uneccessary ram away.