Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another bad print head ?

Discussion in 'Roland' started by autoexebat, Jan 26, 2020.

1. autoexebat

autoexebat Member

Apr 15, 2010
    USA
    I'm starting to get a little scared as I just replaced my print head in late 2018 . I do use Max Impact so I'm not sure if this is what the reason is ? You can see a lot of CYAN at the end of the print .I also noticed when trying to do a grey print and i'm getting a lot of magenta , I know when my head was new I could print this perfectly. I don't have cyan over spray in my print , but just worried .

head.jpg head-2.JPG

Tags:
  2. autoexebat

autoexebat Member

Apr 15, 2010
    USA
    Hello ?

3. Boudica

Boudica Member

Dec 21, 2018
    Spokane, WA
    I read your post yesterday, but I don't understand what's happening in the first picture - it looks like it's not printing on your media at all - just outside of it. Also, what is the second image supposed to be? I have two Rolands (XJ & XR), but I don't understand whats happening here enough to offer anything useful.

4. greysquirrel

greysquirrel Member

Aug 13, 2015
    West Berlin, NJ
    I am assuming that this is a Roland...alot of metal in the chassis and housing...its winter time so you are probably running heaters in building...maybe the printer is sitting on carpet? using take up reel or do prints hit the floor? I'm going to say you have a static issue. That looks like aerosol clinging to the platen. Maybe lower head height, and wipe printer down with anti static solution...put printer wheels on rubber if on carpet...use take up if not...add humidity to the print room with humidifier.

5. autoexebat

autoexebat Member

Apr 15, 2010
    USA
    I've never ran the heater in my house since the day I bought it , In South Florida it's not really needed . 2nd picture is the grey .. I can't print it for the life of me anymore , but I did when the head was new last year . The blue cyan overspray is off . I have the Roland VSI 300 and no , its not on the floor .. nor do I have carpet .

6. hand851

hand851 Roland Mutoh & Mimaki inks digiprint-parts.com

Nov 22, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    Can we see a test print (nozzle check).

7. Jim Hancock

Jim Hancock Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Florida
    Started a conversation with you.
    Regards,
    Jim Hancock

8. autoexebat

autoexebat Member

Apr 15, 2010
    USA
    Test print is flawless , not a single spot is missing.

9. Viewsonic

Viewsonic New Member

Jan 30, 2020
    St. Charles, MO
    Is it wet ink or is it a kind of dusty?

10. autoexebat

autoexebat Member

Apr 15, 2010
    USA
    The CYAN on the metal itself is dry , I think the head itself is going bad as my grey is turning to pink