• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another bad print head ?

autoexebat

I'm starting to get a little scared as I just replaced my print head in late 2018 . I do use Max Impact so I'm not sure if this is what the reason is ? You can see a lot of CYAN at the end of the print .I also noticed when trying to do a grey print and i'm getting a lot of magenta , I know when my head was new I could print this perfectly. I don't have cyan over spray in my print , but just worried .

head.jpg head-2.JPG

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I read your post yesterday, but I don't understand what's happening in the first picture - it looks like it's not printing on your media at all - just outside of it. Also, what is the second image supposed to be? I have two Rolands (XJ & XR), but I don't understand whats happening here enough to offer anything useful.

greysquirrel

I am assuming that this is a Roland...alot of metal in the chassis and housing...its winter time so you are probably running heaters in building...maybe the printer is sitting on carpet? using take up reel or do prints hit the floor? I'm going to say you have a static issue. That looks like aerosol clinging to the platen. Maybe lower head height, and wipe printer down with anti static solution...put printer wheels on rubber if on carpet...use take up if not...add humidity to the print room with humidifier.

autoexebat

I've never ran the heater in my house since the day I bought it , In South Florida it's not really needed . 2nd picture is the grey .. I can't print it for the life of me anymore , but I did when the head was new last year . The blue cyan overspray is off . I have the Roland VSI 300 and no , its not on the floor .. nor do I have carpet .