• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another Band Logo

Garbus

final logo for my band Birdstrike ...

Not much to say but, Let me have it... =;o)

Attachments

• Birdstrike-logo.jpg
    Birdstrike-logo.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 126
  • Skærmbillede 2011-03-12 kl. 14.25.58.jpg
    Skærmbillede 2011-03-12 kl. 14.25.58.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 116

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
it's actually ok, the bird wing merging with the B in birdstrike is something I would have avoided, but it looks good. I'm not sure how well it will look on band merch though. If anything I would have done the same sort of outline cutout on a single large circle with the bird the same way you did with the name then just do a smaller target on the bird. itself.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Looks more like a logo for a pellet gun manufacturer than a band logo....

Oh yeah, it would help to know what kind of music they play, otherwise we have to assume it's BB Rock, Varmint Country, or Zombie Fowl Themed Psychobilly....

Craig Sjoquist

I'm assuming it's a grunge band with birdstrike name and look .. awesome by the way be great for shirts and you can do so much with it and be noticed ...

Go with it very good image for a band, that basic logo and your able to have freedom with it, excellent.

Billct2

Don't like the bullseye on the hawk/eagle and emphasizing BS might not be best.
Here's a quick idea that uses a "striking hawk"

Attachments

• birdstrike.jpg
    birdstrike.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 97

Jillbeans

Are you going for a retro two tone look?
It doesn't look "bandy" it looks sporty.
Like Rick sez, what type of music?
Love....Jill

artbot

bird strike just might be the worst band name i've ever heard. it's not even "bad on purpose" (scenester style). did the birds form a union and go on strike? are we hitting bird with sticks? with a target in the logo we are told "no we are shooting birds". that's great. zit faced teenagers shoot birds. not to mention the bird looks like a hawk so we have zit faced teenagers shooting a protected/endangered specie. it's such a great marketing idea!!! a band that has named itself after shooting endangered birds! i can see the money and gigs pouring in already.

it says:

"in this constallation we aim for a wider approach and audience with our..."

the wider demographic this band is seeking is ... poachers?

Last edited:

Haakon

That is a term usually associated with aircraft & bird collisions. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with any type of misic

And Black Eyed Peas is a type of food. Since when did a band name have to do anything with music??

Prince? The Carpenters? Rolling Stones? Judas Priest? Its not the band name that counts, its the music..

And for artbot, if this was the worst band name you ever heard you wouldn't even care to give it a second thought. But instead you're over-analyzing it to a point that you are afraid of teenagers shooting endangered birds? Hopefully you are not a fan of "the strokes" or "the B52s" Cardiac arrests and bombings are serious business...

Garbus, I think you're onto a fine band logo here. As we all know, Scandinavian design is the best? :thumb:

mikey-Oh

All it took was a bit of research. BirdStrike (DK) High energy so far and dance-able, I'm kinda digging it.
Logo's for bands are typically pretty loose... stickers, shirts, album art, buttons, posters, etc. Each one could be something different, and I think that's a good thing.
Crazy how well the Dutch understand pop sensibility with (almost always) excellent production and hooks.

10sacer

Anyone gonna notice they spelled "constallation" wrong?

There are literally hundreds of band names that make no sense - Rolling Stones... Def Leppard...who gives a crap. Name it whatever you want. Shoot... car names don't make any sense either and they usually just get lazy like BMW and slap some numbers together when they can't think of anything good to call it.

Here get really obscure and call it "1549". Thats the call sign of the plane that went down in the Hudson after two bird strikes.

Anyway - not a fan of the target. Keep working at it... you'll get what you are looking for. someone posting here didn't like my logo either...

Garbus

Anyone gonna notice they spelled "constallation" wrong?

Damn... We are from DK, and English is NOT our native tounge (<-- this is prolly spelled wrong too =;o)

Thanks everyone... I liked reading the critisism... and laughed a lot too...

Wanna find out about the music then go here... http://www.birdstrikeband.dk

I guess we're gonna go with this logo... But thanks for taking your time everyone...
:thankyou:

artbot

i'm right everyone else is wrong. !!! rolling stones? that is a classic name that had to do with the history of music, "my papa was a rolling stone" etc.

every name in marketing comes from a long list of rejects. hell "ACURA" "sprite" etc. it's not completely arbitrary.

for that matter call the band crayon scrambled egg, or camel chunk? whatever. it's all the same.

Garbus

Garbus, I think you're onto a fine band logo here. As we all know, Scandinavian design is the best? :thumb:

Ha Ha !! Thanks man!!

I don't know if Scandinavian designs are the best, but they are certanly different from the american. NOT saying that one way is better, just different approach. =;o)

TheSellOut

Not diggin the layout...like others have said, too "1980s sportsmans cluby"

Attachments

• Bird Strilke.jpg
    Bird Strilke.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 107