• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another Banding thread

OADesign

Hi All,

I have searched around the site but haven't found a solution for my particular situation.

This banding only happens in areas of solid color. better said, only VISIBLE in solid colors. So we have been letting it ride for a long time.
But its time to get it fixed. Any tips or ideas on what is causing this?

Roland SC-545
Versaworks
3MIJ180Cv3 (Note that this occurs on all other medias)

Attachments

• 20151008_173705.jpg
    20151008_173705.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 119

seinsig

is it happening only on the cyan channel? It looks like cyan is dropping out and recovering during the print.

2B

have you tried printing Una-lateral?
done a nozzle test to see what going on?
has the encoder strip been cleaned?

player

After Cleaning encoder strip etc...

Is test print perfect? Please post to be sure.

Try printing 12"x 50" blocks of each C M Y K This will show you which head is out.

I have had this problem and it was the dampers. They have a small micro screen filter in them
that when clogged will allow some ink through, but when printing full out it will starve the head and cause banding like you have. Might not be your problem, but it could be.

How old are the dampers?

Snydo

I have ran 3 different brands of solvent, eco-sol printers now and they all are finicky with solid blues(and some shades of brown). Print Uni-Directional first and foremost, and experiment with different profiles. I've used Oracal profiles for nearly a decade on any media with great results.