• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another Baseball Design

Joe Diaz

Had a customer stop in with plans to build a memorial baseball field on his property. We developed a logo and sign layout.

Lambo_Field_Sign.jpg

Lambo_Field.jpg

Flame

To be honest it's too hard to read. Poor contrast.

That said, it's very pleasing on the eyes and laid out well! Has a great feel to it, I just think a wee bit more contrast would've helped. :thumb:

Joe Diaz

To be honest it's too hard to read. Poor contrast.

That said, it's very pleasing on the eyes and laid out well! Has a great feel to it, I just think a wee bit more contrast would've helped. :thumb:

Well, I wouldn't go as far as saying "poor" contrast. I don't know how I can go with any stronger contrast than white text on forest green with a black drop shadow. I could just do white on just black but I got to get some green in there. I didn't think it was that hard to read. I mean it is a script, but a pretty easy to read one and it matches the theme.

Perhaps you are talking about the two brothers??? What I did do was add an extra color and darken the clouds to gray on the background, perhaps that will help the brothers pop a bit more.

Lambo_Field_2.jpg

Keep in mind this isn't a corporate logo. It isn't to advertise a business. It is simply a memorial for the guys son. They want to print up shirts, have a sign made, and that is about it. It was important that he have both his kids, corn fields and a baseball theme. I'm not trying to make excuses for the design, but I do want to explain the purpose of the layout and why I chose not to go with a clean and corporate look. It just wouldn't fit in this case.

Pat Whatley

I don't care if he does spell it differently how can anyone see that without thinking "The Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field"?

Flame

Well, I wouldn't go as far as saying "poor" contrast. I don't know how I can go with any stronger contrast than white text on forest green with a black drop shadow. I could just do white on just black but I got to get some green in there. I didn't think it was that hard to read. I mean it is a script, but a pretty easy to read one and it matches the theme.

Perhaps you are talking about the two brothers??? What I did do was add an extra color and darken the clouds to gray on the background, perhaps that will help the brothers pop a bit more.

View attachment 51206

Keep in mind this isn't a corporate logo. It isn't to advertise a business. It is simply a memorial for the guys son. They want to print up shirts, have a sign made, and that is about it. It was important that he have both his kids, corn fields and a baseball theme. I'm not trying to make excuses for the design, but I do want to explain the purpose of the layout and why I chose not to go with a clean and corporate look. It just wouldn't fit in this case.

I guess with it being more as a memorial layout that does change things too. I'm just always on people about contrast, I like loud. But loud doesn't fit here.

But you're probably right, for the application it'll work good! Nice job, I could tell it was a Diaz piece if I saw it in real life. You've established a "style", but it's a good one. :)

Jillbeans

I liked it in the first post but I like it even more with the added color, Joe.
It's a real feel-good kinda sign, reminds me of a few fave family pix from when Grandad lived out near Weaselboogie.
Love....Jill

Attachments

• baseball.jpg
    baseball.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 111
  • grandadwelsh(r)1910.jpg
    grandadwelsh(r)1910.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 75

BALLPARK

I really dig the main logo. The cornfield is a great touch!!!

The font is a bit hard to read, but then again I do not care much for script type fonts. It would be been cool just for kicks to see it in a more traditional style font.

Overall, that is an awesome design concept. Your client should be very happy.

Side note:
It's so cool they are building a baseball field in memory of someone special.