• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another Color Question

lnt2021

So, uninstalling and reinstalling coreldraw x4 has really messed up my colors.

I'm using a ricoh GX7000 for my sublimation with the colorsure palette. I have a previous job that I am doing again and can't get the colors to work. I saved them with the colorsure palette and after reinstalling coreldraw they show up as cmyk and won't print right. Is there anything that I can do to make this right again?

Also, I'm not completely sure how color management works and if that is effecting what is printed in the end.

My biggest problem has always been getting colors to come out right. I feel like I have tried everything, but I know for sure there has to be something I am missing. :banghead:

Terremoto

Download the PDF from here:
http://coreldraw.com/wikis/howto/designer-s-guide-to-color-management.aspx
as it's a good primer for color management.

Although the PDF is intended as a primer for X5 the principles are the same. For the most part use RGB in your document and let the RIP/driver handle the conversion. It may seem counter intuitive to use RGB in your document when sending the file to a CMYK printer but trust me, it's the way to do it.

Pay close attention to your rendering intent. Avoid "Absolute Colorimetric" and stick with "Perceptual". Using the wrong rendering intent will cause you no end of grief with color shift.

Lots of luck. Color Management can be tough to get your head around but once you get it down your work flow will flow a lot smoother.