• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another Grapthec fc8600-130 Print cut issue

MySignGuyz

Does anyone know what adjustment i should be looking at if the plotter is cutting 1/16" short in the front to back direction over a 4 foot span. onyx production house software. hp l25500 printer. oracal 3551 media with laminate. Is there an adjustment for front to back travel or anything in the menu that makes the adjustment for this problem. Does the paper weight option being on have any thing to do with this ?

Thanks for any help

I don't know about Onyx, I use Wasatch but in my Rip there is a setting to space your registration marks that the graphtec reads. I have mine spaced at every 24" apart. When I first got my printer and cutter I was having the same problem you're having. After I set up the marks to every 24" it fixed it.
Weight might bean issue but I would say if it was a long piece, 4 feet shouldn't be.
Hope that helps somehow. Good luck

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Does anyone know what adjustment i should be looking at if the plotter is cutting 1/16" short in the front to back direction over a 4 foot span. onyx production house software. hp l25500 printer. oracal 3551 media with laminate. Is there an adjustment for front to back travel or anything in the menu that makes the adjustment for this problem. Does the paper weight option being on have any thing to do with this ?

Thanks for any help

If you think about it 1/16" in 4' is one part in 768. Not all that bad for a mechanical friction feed device. But still unacceptable for a contour cut.

There is always a difference between what the plotter thinks is an inch and an actual inch. Hence the feed compensation adjustment. It should be somewhere in your software. It might be called something different in your village but basically what it does is advances and marks the media at a known distance. You then actually measure this distance and input your physical measurement. The software or firmware, depending, then uses the difference between how far it thought it moved and how far it did move and adjusts itself accordingly. Repeat until things are where you like them to be.

Even if you have everything set dead-on for one particular media, another of a different weight and with a different coefficient of friction might behave differently.

nopalito24

first make sure where the problem is coming from. Send a 24 in by 24 in square to cut(not contour cut just normal cutting) then measure it. If not to size then you may need to contact Graphtec and ask for the Distance Accuracy adj. which is in the plotters service mode. If this is only happening when print and cut, make sure you don't have the bowing issue with your printer which is actually a known issue with this model, this issue causes a cutting offset in print and cut jobs, and and in print jobs the prints do not come out to size in the X direction.