Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another guy looking to get into the printing business

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Mighty Moose, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Mighty Moose

Mighty Moose New Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Hammond LA
    First of all thanks for any help.

My Background:

I have been designing on a computer since 1994 with the original Corel Draw. Fast forward through the years; newer software/computers; and I have been running vinyl cutting machines and design logos as a side business as well as wrapping vehicles.

Now I want to get a latex printer / larger cutter / laminator. I am located in Delaware. I am hoping to get something going before the year end so I can take the tax break and use the winter to train myself. I have narrowed my search to a latex printer, most likely the 315.

Again thanks and any references or help would be appreciated.

Tags:
  2. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    Well, I can help you with all that sir. I can help you with any and all questions you may have on this technology. You can call me at 714-878-7989 or you can email me at jcormany@gansink.com I am Josh and a resident nerd when it comes to this industry.

3. myront

myront CorelDRAW is best

Dec 3, 2015
    Niceville, FL
    My mother lives about 20 miles from you. I was born in Dover, DE.

• Like Like x 1
  4. C5 Service&Repair

C5 Service&Repair Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Omaha, NE
    why latex? what pros and cons have you established?

5. Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps Kentucky Wraps

Mar 6, 2009
    Bluegrass
    Yeah! Justify yourself! What makes you think you can narrow it down to Latex huh?
    ;)

6. Mighty Moose

Mighty Moose New Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Hammond LA
    Latex seems to appeal to the fact I do this as a part time business, and I want to be able to go and print when I need to and not have to spend so much time with maintenance. I do realize that the industry has done a lot with solvent. This does seem to be a highly debated subject. I just want a decent setup with the ability to cover as many types of products as I can.

Again thanks for all the input.
    Scott