• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another "How to I attach" thread...

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Got a request for a sign to go above the first awning over the windows... My gut tells me this isn't going to happen, but I wanted to ask for ideas out there. They wanted a flat metal sign .. like 3x8 ACM or something.. but I'm not sure how that would attach because it's glass and metal mullions. I'm thinking about just putting solid vinyl up there and put it over the windows AND mullions because the millions seem rather flush with the windows. What are you guys thoughts?

Yk2QYXvH7oQfRPRDhpp2SuvG8ipH_ryLb3hVZUj-Xj32L916dMi45Jr7Nh0fI3Dbnqw3F9ZkAV1LohCQvEdZH3w7ESeStyvF9ukc7hFE9Rro25Jv0EduIVT9XtQqKtpOuR5Ny1KrrZw=w1090-h938-no

View from the inside
iDhwn-83mQ-iarC__udSDQcWzD4APkq2fOaYHe7UuVHAAGInFDqSZge2XBSMEIIityah-Rqf5L0PK0ZC2pUAUKU8U5DmKnsDKlSrXaJpejUTUdQ_uL9dwIrGbl7Eg9yM0ugN7bLSnco=w1920-h934-no

Billct2

Do they own the building? Because I would look at fastening brackets to the mullions and into the masonry but a landlord might not approve.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
It's a school.. They kind of have free reign on what they do.

Like brackets running from one end of the masonry to the other, floating in-front of the window span?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
First, why would anyone wanna cover that ?? It's too nice to cover up. I'd find another location or build something somewhere else to accommodate the sign. They need to go back to the drawing table.

Can you get a picture from further out, so we can see more of the front ??

What will be the message ??

Oh, is this to be permanent ??

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
First, why would anyone wanna cover that ?? It's too nice to cover up. I'd find another location or build something somewhere else to accommodate the sign. They need to go back to the drawing table.

Can you get a picture from further out, so we can see more of the front ??

What will be the message ??

Oh, is this to be permanent ??

This photo probably doesn't help much since it's a side view, but they do have a monument on the ground at the beginning of the walkway. The administration says the school looks like a prison and not an elementary school and they want some color around there. The monument sign is concrete with etched out letters. I am going to wrap the pillars that hold up the walkway awnings in the school's colors which should add some pzazz.

I haven't really thought of any other locations for the sign. It will be the school logo and the name of the school. Permanent

MqmVuTU-OvjFt8lAN0Ya-C7W1P2JIQ4WzQJK44trIJusRvC4OEa6Ci66URM3a_WiZEuVC7Ao30R2w2NceUoVWf10AJ7uOiXiF4XfUADeYjEEKgxvWtVIHxk-PqZBUILJSQyB4rFmp-0=w1920-h934-no

mljctm8utpA9wYOLVUexnd7pjciF671D7sPXuYKl250zqXfpT3l6GzVpJ1hEHspAZ_6mRB5TezVp4FX2Lx7zFF0zIpo9bGyry8_zx1ICTwWxDz8pMP4tyQx0Uy_I5HrnwDPDVn4kZ1g=w1684-h938-no

unclebun

Nice building, for a prison. No matter what colors they put on it, if they (students & teachers) think it's a prison, it will look like one.

If I were advising them, I think I'd lean towards mounting some anchored eyescrews in the masonry to either side of that window so you can mount banners made with webbing and d-rings in the hems to them with short bungees. The banners would be replaceable, so you can have a generic one with school colors/mascot, welcome back to school, seasonal if they are a school that still calls holidays by their names, sports-related if they have championship-bound teams, etc. If they still want light entry through the window you could do mesh banners.

Billct2

You could do square tubes anchored to the masonry.
Or tech screws into the mullions, you just have to make sure you don't hit the glass.
The idea for a changeable banner system is nice too.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
You could do square tubes anchored to the masonry.
Or tech screws into the mullions, you just have to make sure you don't hit the glass.
The idea for a changeable banner system is nice too.

Yea the square tube on masonry sounds like a decent idea.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Tex Is that a Royal utility body on that truck? We just had a new F250 in here set up with one.
Quality looking kit - wish I could afford something like that.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Yes I really like Royal. The main difference with them is that they have that long box along the top of the body that pops open, and they have bins that hold all my fasteners.