• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another ink problem

artiep

The magenta ink ran out on my machine and I replaced all the cartridges, but, when I tried to print I was still not getting any magenta ink. I did a head washing but now I do not get any printing at all. If anyone has any idea whats up I would like to hear it. I also tried to use some alcohol an do a manual cleaning but no luck.
Thanks

artiep

Sorry

Sorry about that its a Versacamm sp300v I'm so frustrated with this machine I totally forgot.
This is a great site I'm glad I found it?
Thanks

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
The magenta ink ran out on my machine and I replaced all the cartridges, but, when I tried to print I was still not getting any magenta ink. I did a head washing but now I do not get any printing at all. If anyone has any idea whats up I would like to hear it. I also tried to use some alcohol an do a manual cleaning but no luck.
Thanks

Why replace all the cartridges when only one ran out?

If you ran the magenta cartridge dry and the printer didn't pickup on it you will have to prime it a bit before the ink reaches the head.

Manual cleaning w/ alcohol and not cleaning fluid? hmm :rolleyes:

Ken

You need to be carefull how you instruct the machine to behave when a low ink situation arises. My sp300 is set to stop printing, not carry on till the cart is empty.
I just do a hot swap of the ink cart and it automatically resumes printing. I may lose a couple cc's of ink but saves the headaches of a dry head.
Also, use the roland cleaning fluid...not alcohol.
Cheers!
Ken

artiep

Thanks

Thanks for the help. The alcohol was suggested by the tech at Beacon Graphics here in New Jersey.

artiep

Priming

Why replace all the cartridges when only one ran out?

If you ran the magenta cartridge dry and the printer didn't pickup on it you will have to prime it a bit before the ink reaches the head.

Manual cleaning w/ alcohol and not cleaning fluid? hmm :rolleyes:

How do you go about priming the ink to flow.
I really have to learn more about this machine!!!

woolly

happened to me magenta running dry once new cart and a power clean sorted it.
since then heard of about 4 others all magenta thought the problem had gone away are they quite old.

if it has not recovered after a power clean i would check that the pump is working well, as this is what sucks the ink through.

woolly

Vital Designs

Vital Designs
If all else fails including soaking the head then attach a syringe to the hose from the cap going to the magenta head. When the heads are parked. Pull slowly on the syringe and you should start to pull ink. If you pull air the cap may need to be replaced. Afterwards do a cleaning or 2 and it should work.

TNT

I had a simular problem, it turned out to be the damper that had a bad seal. I replaced it and cured the problem.

nesscoben

Just curious Artiep, but did you get any training at all when you bought the SP300v? You sound like you were really left in the dark!

artiep

Taining

Just curious Artiep, but did you get any training at all when you bought the SP300v? You sound like you were really left in the dark!

The training was minimal at best, everything I know about the machine I read in the manual. The company I bought the machine from sent a tech out to make sure it was set up, thats about it.