• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another internet scam??????

OldPaint

got this in my email today. I DONT KNOW ANYONE WITH THAT NAME, AND DIDNT OPEN IT.

I am Claire Page sending you a letter from my sickbed in the hospital. Please contact my lawyer (barr_landonwatson@neowinian.net) right away for an urgent matter. God bless.

Tim Aucoin

Whaddya mean SCAM??? :omg: Poor Claire Page is reaching out from her sickbed in the hospital, possibly looking for some lucky person to leave her millions to because she is dying, has no living relatives or friends and needs a legitimate bank account to deposit her $$$ into... and you dare call this a SCAM?!!! Heck, she even has a lawyer, the poor sick girl... :ROFLMAO:

signage

I know Claire, she is a sweet old lady who blames every thing on Bush and is looking for a little help from those that feel the same way! Come on OP help out a Bush bashing sister!;)

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Heres what happens when you email him back..lol

Dear friend,

Firstly, I would like to introduce myself, I am Landon Watson, Attorney to Mr. Nick and Mrs Claire Page. These people you do not know except for a short email from Claire directing you to contact me. I understand that contacting you via email does not depict seriousness, but we had no choice considering the present condition of my client and also this descision by my client was impromptu. I want you to take this email very seriously.

Mr. and Mrs. Page both loved each other very much, they virtually all their lives in the city of Nottingham, England. They both managed a colossal steel company. Sadly enough, Nick suffered high blood pressure and died in 2007. Claire could not recover from the death of her husband and fell sick later that same year. This also led to the sale of their company. She is presently in a memorial hospital outside of Nottingham. She has cancer and partial paralysis from a stroke. The doctors say she has a very short time to live, a couple of days in fact. Claire was a very religious woman who believed in God almighty but did not discriminate whether one was a Christain, Muslim, Hindu, etc. All she ever wanted was to see everyone live in unity. I suspected this part of her was due to the fact that she never had any children.

Cutting to the chase, Mrs Page's last wish was for her estate (funds) to be spent on full time charity. She could have simply written a cheque and issued to any of the charity organisations, but she does not want that. She wants her own charity and she wants it to be managed by someone she did not know. She said there was a revelation to her that she should entrust the funds to a total stranger, hence she instructed that I do a random email search on the web. I tried to discourage her, I told her that no one would believe considering the circumstances, but she would not budge. I had no choice but to do as she said. You are the second person I have contacted. The first person turned me down.

My client humbly requests that you manage an orphanage home for her in your country where the less privileged and orphans can come and stay. This would require a lot of your time, but not to worry, we have a very sumptous remuneration for you. The Pages are very wealthy. They maintain a domiciliary account at the Halifax Bank here in Nottingham which has USD 8,000,000.00 (Eight Million United States Dollars) in it. She intends to use 30% to build the orphanage home, 60% will be kept aside for the upkeep of the children in it for at least the next five to seven years, while subsequent funding can emanate from donations, organising competitions, grants, etc while 10% will be yours for the role that you will play as the supervisor.

If you agree to this proposal, please respond to this email right away and I will instruct you on further actions to take in ensuring that the mentioned sum is wired to you. Hoping that you will comply.

Landon Watson.
TEL: +44 703 183 7967

+44 702 403 0810
+44 754 334 8837

SignManiac

I'm grinning ear to ear! Have fun with this guy, I know I would. I'm sure he will figure out you're effing with him pretty soon but you could get a pretty good laugh from it.

CentralSigns

I get another poor soul every week. Last one was bill Watson from some african bank that has uncle joes money in it. Befor him was Eddie Bloer who was the National Art Gallery Prefect in the country of Bhutan, it appears my auntie Edna had an archeological secret life and since her unfourtunate daeth the Gallery has been panicked trying to find her only heir so that they may buy the artifacts from me for 10 million. Then there was the three lotteries last month I won, they got it all messed up what country the lottery was in and dollar types (Rubles in Greenland). My competition is a $%$^#%$ and prob sold my address to then.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Dear friend,

Greetings to you. I am most delighted to receive your email. I am very glad that you have accepted my clients request. I must confess that I did not expect you to reply because like I previously stated, considering the circumstances contacting you via email for a transaction of this magnitude. Now I will explain the processes to you. It is a very simple process that you can understand.

Claire might be very sick but not dead so we do not need to apply for probate or letter of administration, neither can her will be read now. All we need to do in this case is to simply prepare a letter of authorization duly signed by Mrs. Page stating that you are the sole beneficiary of the funds. This bank on receiving this letter of authorization will transfer the total sum to you. You do not have to worry about tax both here and in your country as the funds is intended to be spent on charity which is non profitable, therefore there will be tax exemption on the funds.

All things being equal, the total funds of Eight Million United States Dollars (USD 8,000,000.00) should be in your possession in the next 72hours. So I urge you to access your email regularly as I shall be rendering 24hours service including weekends. Feel free to call me anytime for discussions, my private telephone number is provided below.

Please provide your data as follows which will be used to prepare the letter of authorization. This data is also needed to adjust Claire's LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT so your name can appear.

1.) Full Names
2.) Contact Address (Please include country of residence).
3.) Telephone number (s)
4.) Next of Kin.
5.) Nationality
6.) Occupation

Landon Watson.
TEL: +44 703 183 7967
+44 702 403 0810
+44 754 334 8837

I responded with all the info he needed!! Lol
1.) Full Names: Mike Ox Throbbin
2.) Contact Address: 123 Anystreet, Huntington Beach CA USA
3.) Telephone number (s): 911-369-3499