• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

another laminator question!

flat rock stan

I am ready to buy my Roland xc540 and have questions about laminators. Lots of information on signs 101 about them but wanted a comparison/ opinion. I know sometime you get what you pay for but sometime you pay too much for what you get! I will not be using it everyday for awhile. One supplier wants to sell a DingTek 60 inch machine from China for 2,500 and the other supplier is pushing a royal sovereign 55 inch for 4,700 dollars (Korea I think and price is discount if I buy the printer from him). Naturally I would rather spend the 2,500! I have spoke with people using the DingTec with success but they are not doing wraps. Would it make a difference if you are using the finished product for flat surfaces or wrapping? Any opinions on either machine are appreciated.
Thanks I know this subject has been around for awhile but I guess I’m paranoid being new to the business.
Stan

436HENRY

Service on laminators

Hi Stan my advice is to stick with a company that you can get service and parts I Have a 32" wesco and have had to be repaired several times, belts. will break and speed control will go bad. You can't afford to wait month for parts from china but if they have a local usa Distributor who has parts may be ok Henry G

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Start with a "Big Squeegee".
The Big Squeegee is very good for your situation. If you are not going to use it much, why pay out big bucks for it. The Big squeegee will serve you well for as long as you need to determine if you need a machine. Once you figure out how much lamination you will need then you can make a better decision based on experience. A Big Squeegee will still come in handy for the short runs and small stuff even after you get a roll laminator.

RJ California

Good idea ---try out Dale's Big Squeegee first.

I have a Daige 3 55" unit. I think all laminators have some quirks and a learning curve (I know my Daige 3 did). I like my Daige 3 and I hear the Daige 4 is better as far as material loading. Price is around $2,000 and made in the USA!! Customer service is helpful and available right away.

http://daige.com/quikmount.htm