• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another Logo with the Ribbon Effect

Joe Diaz

We started with a hand painted script, then I gave it the old ribbon effect. I've recorded the whole process, When I'm done with the project I'll have to post it up on Youtube.

Charmed Logo.jpg

Joe Diaz

Charmed Sign.jpg

Here is the sign concept. We'll probably end up changing the top part if we end up doing a hanging sign at all. Our downtown sign code won't allow for hanging projecting signs over a certain size, however we have applied for a variance in the past.

vid

Love it! (Some of the highlights seem quirky, but it's really hard to argue that when it reads so well on the sign layout.)

...and I really love the script! :thumb:

Joe Diaz

(Some of the highlights seem quirky, but it's really hard to argue that when it reads so well on the sign layout.)
After stepping away from it for awhile and coming back to it, I think I see what you mean. Is this better:
Charmed Sign 2.jpg

Looks nice, a little hard to read.

wayne k
guam usa
That's sometimes the trouble with doing scripts. The one color version is a little clearer though. Regardless I think it will do the job. I can read the thumbnail.
Charmed One Color.jpg

qmr55

Joe it looks great, only thing I want to point out is the curves on the "e". Might be on purpose, but might not and figured I'd show you in case you wanna touch it up. Here...

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 122

Custom_Grafx

Joe it looks great, only thing I want to point out is the curves on the "e". Might be on purpose, but might not and figured I'd show you in case you wanna touch it up. Here...

It looks intentional. On the coloured version, it is where the ribbon flips?

Last edited:

Joe Diaz

Yeah it was intentional. Ideally I would have loved to have the tail of the "u" flow into the "e" better. However, what I ended up doing was use the same "u" and "e" shapes that appear earlier in the script to keep things consistent.

What also happened was my dad hand lettered a series of different scripts that I used as a reference for this layout. We then picked our favorite, but stole a few elements from other scripts he did that didn't make the cut. The last "e" was different, but I wanted it to match the other "e".

Marlene

that is one nice looking sign. love the ribbon and how you used the shape of the sign with the logo. so many people shove a design onto a background shape with not a whole lot of thought behind it. the ribbon font is cool but the logo/sign shape combo is outstanding and it looks like that shape of sign was designed for that logo and has just been waiting all these years for someone like you to come along and design it.