• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another Missouri Sign-tist

southpawP8NTR

Welcome River Rat & Signs In Time!

I lived in Sikeston, Mo. for what seems like an eternity! When we moved there, a guy told my Mom that Missouri is the Show-Me state because so many people said "Show Me" the hell outta here!

Where are ya'll located?

Myron

Must have been the village idiot! It's SHOW-ME a reason to leave!

By the way welcome River Rat!:Welcome:

river_rat

Welcome River Rat & Signs In Time!

I lived in Sikeston, Mo. for what seems like an eternity! When we moved there, a guy told my Mom that Missouri is the Show-Me state because so many people said "Show Me" the hell outta here!

Where are ya'll located?

Myron
I was born in Battle Creek, Michigan, but grew up in Salem, Missouri. Our business started there in 1962, and we worked an area covering probably a 200-mile radius from there. You veterans of the business know what I mean - in a small town, as a sign painter, you drove to where the work was.
We moved to the St. Robert/Waynesville/Fort Leonard Wood area about fifteen years ago, and quit a lot of the long road work. We don't hang on the billboards anymore, for days on end ... lots of things have gotten a lot better. Most of the trucks come to us, now; we also outsource some of the stuff we used to do in-house.
My assessment? It's a poor way to get rich, but a great way to live and raise a family. Gosh, a resource such as this forum would have saved a lot of trial and error if we'd had it years ago! LOL