• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another mutoh issue, waste tank filled up overnight

kevint2005

Any ideas on why my ink waste tank filled up overnight and drained my freakin black and magenta cartridges? The printer is a Mutoh Falcon 62. Yesterday I did the cleaning procedure on it, turned it off and awoke this morning to my waste tank overflowing and a constant dripping from one of the lines going to the tank.

Seems like if its not one thing it's another...

heyskull

More than likely the cap inner is touching the print head and making it wick the ink through the head.
If I remember the black and magenta are on the same head so this is probably the issue.

SC

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
That's a common issue with that model. The two main reasons it happens is a bad design on the capping station and submerged waste ink lines. If your cap top does not have a wire mesh holding the sponges down, the sponge swelled up and touched the bottom of the print head which created a wicking effect. This pulls the ink through the whole system and into the tank. I would replace the cap top with a new one if this is the case.

Also, check the waste tubes and make sure they are not submerged in the waste tank. If they get submerged, it creates a siphon effect and pulls all of the ink down to the waste tank.

kevint2005

Thanks guys for the quick responses! The cap station does still have the wire mesh that's supposed hold the sponges down. I'm pretty new to this stuff but i've read a lot here lately and one of the things i've noticed from what i've read is this printer has 2 head positions, if i raised it to the higher position before leaving it sit overnight, would that possibly help this issue?