• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another New Epson GS6000

baxter gamble

Just received or Epson, GBC laminator and Graphtec plotter. Up and running with no problems. Bought everyhting through Matt Molenbeek at Advantage SS. Great people, great service, tech did a super job. We have been printing with 2 Edges and a Maxx. Huge difference in so many ways. Very happy so far. One thing that we are trying to overcome is color matching. I have so many customer that we had set up with Gerber foils and now trying to change over to ink. Some colors are not to critical but serveral are very exacting. Hope that there is a magic wand to be able to match ink to foil colors. The colors that I'm trying to nail is Ruby Red, Trans Blue, Trans Yellow, Trans Red, Saphire Blue. The red is good but ink seems to be hard to get a real good red to match foil. Any help would be appreciated. Oh yeah and it's sunny in Alaska, and almost 18 hours of daylight,

J Hill Designs

nice :thumb: - my only suggestion is print out a pantone chart, and use that to match against....probably will never hit spot foils exact, but can come close (you can search on these forums for printable pantone chart) - if they need to be exacting, charge a premium and use the edge :thumb:

artbot

forgive if this is a really stupid question. are you printing on solvent receptive foiled substrates? i print on polished aluminum sheet a lot and have a few tricks of how to adjust the file in photoshop to WYSIWYG from monitor to metallic.

baxter gamble

Well we've had our Epson since May 2010 and still very happy with it. I'm using colorburst but also testing Onyx. I think the Onyx will be the way to go. Lots more $$$ but lots better control over colors. Awsome machine, easy to use. Advanatge Sign Supply is the company that sold us the printer, plotter and laminator. Great folks, super service. Made me feel pretty good about spending the big bucks.

parrott

Well we've had our Epson since May 2010 and still very happy with it. I'm using colorburst but also testing Onyx. I think the Onyx will be the way to go. Lots more $$$ but lots better control over colors. Awsome machine, easy to use. Advanatge Sign Supply is the company that sold us the printer, plotter and laminator. Great folks, super service. Made me feel pretty good about spending the big bucks.

Great to hear. We bougth ours from them and are having it installed Moday. Pretty excited!

signswi

Assuming you're properly managing your color workflow (just play along) you could use a spectrodensitometer to take readings off the foils you're trying to match. Otherwise print out the full pantone chart (use the coated chart), find something close, use the cmyk values of that color in the pantone bridge and produce a bunch of swatch variations of that color (modifying one channel at a time) until you get a visual match (looking at it in an a color managed light box). Then create a swatch with that CMYK mix, name it after that foil, and save out that illustrator swatch to a separate file for future importing/use.

Good times.