• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another new part-timer guy.

JJ

Hi,

I'm JJ - and I'm a noob to the forum and to the biz. I'm just doing this on the side, but we'll see where it goes.
Like many others, I'm just getting started out with vinyl cutting. I just picked up a Graphtec CE3000MkII. It came with "Flexi starter", and I purchaed Corel X3 to go with it.
My target customers were to be local jeep clubs. They always want decals with club names, events, etc. That was the plan, anyway.

The more people I talk to, the more it seems everyone needs signs, decals, etc. I expected to have a few jobs here and there, but in my first two weeks of ownership, I've had a new request every day!

Anyway - this seems like a great forum. With no previous experience in signmaking, and very little help from the supply house that sold me the plotter, the information I've found on this site has been invaluable.:thankyou:

jj

threeputt

Hi, and welcome JJ.

Yes, you'll soon discover that everyone needs signs and labels, etc. I'm always bewildered when someone asks me what I do for a living and I tell them, and then they say, "is there that much signmaking needed? Where can you find enough work?"

Cadmn

Chris that is excellent information for any noob out there. the more they listen & learn the better they will become. Questions are good, but if you dont listen to the answers then questions are a waste of time. by admitting the fact you are a noob is good. there is great info here from some great people you just have to be teachable!!

JJ

GraphiXtreme said:
Welcome...emulate a sponge .

Do I need to live in a pineapple under the sea?:rolleyes:

Seriously - I've learned so much in a few days of reading. This forum is great!