• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another Newbie

RedWolf

Hi Everybody,

My name is Matt and I am new here as you know. I reside in the warm state of Wisconsin....lol.

I spent a while browsing the forums and found things very helpfull. I am new to vinyl (less than a year) and so far am pleased with this business venture. I was always building websites and creating graphics for other people's sites. Since I was in sales anyways, figured I would jump on the bandwagon and invest in a cutter. Bought a Roland gx24 and am very happy with it. I take it on the road with me in the motorhome when I set up at different types of outdoor shows. Customers seem to like that they can order something and come back within an hour and get their custom decal. Not just for their vehicles either, have made some coroplast advertising signs, trailer lettering, and even a customized go-cart that was customized a bit more with my vinyl work. Call me nuts, but I have been setting up a small table at the local ice races and gained a few new customers. Anyways, hoping to expand my customer base by learning new techniques (new to me anyways..lol) and found this site doing a google search.

Hope everybody is having a great day.

Matt

jscarl

Welcome from Mich.. Got a 24' trailer if you are interested. Was building it when health went bad. 90% compleate.

RedWolf

Thanks for the welcome everybody.

Welcome from Mich.. Got a 24' trailer if you are interested. Was building it when health went bad. 90% compleate.

Will have to pass on the trailer. I bought a 12 footer last summer and I think that is about as big as I need for a while. Thanks for the welcome.

Matt

RedWolf

I keep the cutter in the motorhome while at events. The only equipment that comes out is the laptop when a customer wants something custom made. That way dust, rain and other elements cant wreck my stuff.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes.

Matt

Last edited: