Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Perf Thread

Discussion in 'Vinyl' started by Brands Imaging, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Brands Imaging

Brands Imaging Active Member

May 18, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    So we've all had problems with perf. I've been in business for almost 13 years and NEVER had an easy road with it. You can't get away without laminating it for an permanent projects and therein lies the problem.

We have most recently (few years) been laminating the edges down (lam strips) but even then it's hit or miss when it will peel back. We have noticed when we stretch the lam strips too much around corners they'll def pop up. So I just wanna know has anyone been down this road already? Have you found a miracle? Certain technique?

We're doing a 35 bus project coming up (full wraps) and just wanna revisit this.

Thanks!!

Tags:
  2. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    3M Edge seal and or optically clear CAST laminate strips, and you should be using my perf most importantly! lol

3. De.signs Nanaimo

De.signs Nanaimo Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Nanaimo
    Unlaminated perf for short term windows, laminate everything else and edge tape. I keep corners straight, just overlap, don't bend and stretch. Also most of the cheap perf vinyls do not stick consistently in my opinion.