• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

another problem!! heater not building heat. sc540ex

ptmaxx

I don't get it, this thing worked great at the shop. However I did have to unplug the controller for disassemble and shipping. There are 3 plugs two of which are the same. I did try switching them two but still the same.

The fugi controller powers up fine but the set temp ST is set at 35 and is constantly blinking. The current temperature is currently 18 and not increasing. Also the C1 which from what I understand is suspose to light up while the heater is cut in. The C1 is not lighting up at all. I have read the roland guide on this and also the fugi manual and neither gives any info or support on either SV temp blinking or C1 not lighting up

Does anyone have any info or knowledge on this? TIA

Cheers!

ptmaxx

Does anyone out there have one of theseveral setups. I have noticed there is a serial port at the back of the heater box. I don't recall a cable being connected there at the time I removed it for shipping. Could that be what I'm missing. I do have main power and the harness from the box to the printer connected.

Stormyj

Just another guy
Yes. That plug is where the thermostat plugs into and goes in the machine. I'm not sure where the actual thermostat is, probably under the vacuum plate. It might be buried some where in the machine. Take a look behind the control panel.

ptmaxx

OMG. U are a saint!! I can't belive it. Now that you mention it I now remember disconnecting that wire and pushing it up through a hole so it wouldn't pinch off during shipping. Wow I can't belive I forgot that. However this machine is a big step up from just a vinyl cutter.

woolly

If u have a sc540 with a control box mounted on top of the machine with pxr4 controller it should have a serial type connector on the rear.
this connects to the thermistor under the middle of the bed and the mother board as the motherboard turns the heater unit on and off before and after print
What bothers me is if disconnected I can't see how its lost as the other end is connected to the main board.
The machine is of the age that the controller burns out and may like mine have a non standard controller with different wiring

ps fantastic printer take time to look after it

ptmaxx

The heat controller is actually mounted on the bottom that's why I removed it for transportation. There was just enough room in the bottom of the printer to Polk the serial end up through. I remember it perfect now lol. I know as son as I gets home and looks there it's going to be there. Everything worked great at the shop where I bought it. Thing is in great shape the black head missed a couple spots on test print but still prints fine so maybe on the way out or probably needs a good soak. I paid 4k for it so I think that was a good priced. Had to buy inks tho..