Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another problem with overlapping on Gerber Omega with Edge 2

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by Will308decals, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Will308decals

Will308decals Member

Nov 1, 2018
    United States
    Hi, I have had this issue before where I’m getting a little outline on my blue when I’m overprinting blue on white. Can anyone help with this issue?

thank you

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Looks like an incorrect setting for overprinting the blue. Overprint/Overlap gives you three choices: None, Overlap and Overprint. If None is your choice then the blue will knock out the white taking a little extra around each shape. If it's Overlap, then the blue will print totally over the white which is ok in this scenario because there's no color shifting going to happen. If it was blue on yellow, for example, then the overprinted areas would shift towards green. If you are overprinting two colors that will color shift, then you will get better results using the Choke and Spread feature in Composer.

Finally, Overprint does exactly what Overlap does except that it also turns up the temperature on the printhead ...which may be beneficial with large overprint areas but will also result in the need for two print passes for the blue in any other instances of the blue that do not also have Overprint as the setting because a different printhead temperature would be needed for each pass effectively doubling your cost to print the blue.

Try selecting the blue shapes in Composer and enter Control + the F5 function key to turn on OverLap and see if it prints correctly.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Jburns

Jburns Active Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Denver
    I agree with the above - also check your file - and make sure objects you want to print only are there. Some traces can leave objects hidden behind your print object ( ex white or clear)

4. Joe House

Joe House Active Member

Feb 5, 2004
    WA
    Also, which white foil are you using? Make sure your using the correct foil assignment in composer.

5. Browner

Browner Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Winnipeg
    Just looks like you forgot to set the blue to overprint/overlap. Make sure to move the blue shape to the front, and have the Print Order setup correct as well.