• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another question re our Roland SC500

prettybird

A few months ago we bought a new yellow ink cart. for our Roland SC500 and today it already says it's empty. But we have not used it very much at all so we were wondering why it would be emply already. Also, we emptied the ink waste bottle about one or two months ago and it was already almost full again even though we haven't used the machine much. Is this normal? (We are using the Roland Eco Sol Max ink.) Thanks for any input!

sfr table hockey

No the waste ink bottle should not fill that quick unless you are doing a strong cleaning. The is dumps all the ink in the lines and refills (a big waste). Just do the regular cleanings. I might have a 1/4 of the bottle filled and its been a few months.

prettybird

Any ideas why our yellow ink would run out so quickly? We are wondering if it's possible to have a leak or something?

ddarlak

Go Bills!
you lost vacuum in the lines. various things can cause this. most likely capping station, but could be damper.

sfr table hockey

Any ideas why our yellow ink would run out so quickly? We are wondering if it's possible to have a leak or something?

Is the cart empty (have you taken out and felt the weight)?

Or is the unit just reading the cart wrong?

I know if you unscrew the line that connects to the damper the ink will run back into the cart. But to have the ink run out into the drain bottle.... not sure how it would.

When our older units are powered down, is there any vacuum on the lines??? I know you can fill the caps with cleaning solution and they will not drain out untill you power on and it pumps out.

What level of ink is there in each damper? About 1/2 all the same or not?

prettybird

the cart was empty. We took it out and it feels really light. How do you tell if there is vacuum in the lines and how do you check the level of ink in each damper? Thanks

Replace the caps... you have the "foam" portion touching the head as it sits capped up, this results in a slow drain from the full cartridge, past the pump, and to the waste container.