• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

another retractable return!!!

gabagoo

I cant figure this one out.....

I use the Orient retractable banners and I print on the Ferrari Decolite blockout banner. Pretty pricey material too!!
I get a return today and the banner has completely released from the adhesive strip. I was sceptical at first and looked at the bottom of the banner and there is no sign of any adhesive residue.
I then opened the retractable unit to get to the end of the feeder roll and the adhesive is there and still incredibly sticky. On top of that I also ran a seperate strip of some 2 ml white vinyl for extra adhesion and it to is still intact.
So now I sit here and wonder does not this adhesive hold onto decolite?
How many more can I expect to be returned?

Last edited:

HulkSmash

Never, Never.. i mean Never Rely on that one small strip.
We put more double sided banner tape to add another inch of adhesion, and then on top of that we tape the front and back of the banner to the piece that the original double sided tape was connected to with CLEAR packing tape. Never had a return.

when doing retractables, we add an extra piece off banner tape on the front and then put a stripe across the back also....extremly strong and never had a return.

gabagoo

well I do add additional strips but it to had released. This stand went out only a month ago. On top of that the decolite is such a light fabric.
back to the drawing board i guess.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
This is pretty much exactly how I've been doing them for several years too. Never had one come loose. :)

Never, Never.. i mean Never Rely on that one small strip.
We put more double sided banner tape to add another inch of adhesion, and then on top of that we tape the front and back of the banner to the piece that the original double sided tape was connected to with CLEAR packing tape. Never had a return.

Ponto

Leave about 8-10 inches of extra media beyond the bottom of the graphic..this will attach to the leader (yes.... with extra adhesive added) and this access should sit on the cylinder when the graphic is extended for viewing......there should be no tension at the point of attachment when the graphic is extended for viewing.
Hope this helps!

JP

CanuckSigns

Leave about 8-10 inches of extra media beyond the bottom of the graphic..this will attach to the leader (yes.... with extra adhesive added) and this access should sit on the cylinder when the graphic is extended for viewing......there should be no tension at the point of attachment when the graphic is extended for viewing.
Hope this helps!

JP

:goodpost:

This is what we do as well, roll the print out a good 8 inches before you cut it off the printer, we have never had a print on decolit come back do to becoming unstuck from the leader strip