• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another Supplier for formed plastic, metal, plaques and changeable copy letters

rydods

Member for quite some time.
Anyone know of an alternative to Gemini that is a bit less expensive? Seems that every time I look at my bill there are misc. charges and packing charges that are applied. I feel like I'm dealing with the phone company and it seems "slimy".

Thanks

rydods

Member for quite some time.
Well of course I would have to figure that in when we quote. The question was whether there is another supplier that is comparable in price at least.

Marlene

never seen packing and packing charges applied to a bill. do you order from the catalog or request a quote? I usually ask for a quote and have all the info upfront on charges

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
A.R.K. Ramos 800-725-7266.

I use them for plaques. They can prepare finer detail plaques that Gemini can't / won't.

paul luszcz

There are many alternatives to Gemini; different options for different products. Gemini has one of the more comprehensive product lines, however. For example, we find Gemini to be two thirds the price of our alternative supplier on fabricated metal letters, competitive on cut acrylic, and twice the price on illuminated channel letters.

All the various charges you're complaining about are listed pretty clear toward the back of the catalog. Shipping charges are listed based on the total cost of the order. The part that's probably annoying you are the charges based on payment, so much for credit cards, so much for COD, etc. They are also defined in the back of the catalog so they shouldn't come as a surprise.

And as the other poster said, we usually get a lower price when we send for a quote than we do by using the catalog prices. It does take a day or two to get however.

threeputt

In praise of Gemini

Anyone know of an alternative to Gemini that is a bit less expensive? Seems that every time I look at my bill there are misc. charges and packing charges that are applied. I feel like I'm dealing with the phone company and it seems "slimy".

Thanks

I've had a totally different experience. Dealing with Gemini for 28 years now and never have I been disappointed in their quality or service. I'm content with their pricing. (which allows for a 40% markup)

The word "slimy" cannot enter into my head in any way when conducting business with this very old and venerated company.

Recently (about two months back) one of my employees wrongly ordered some changeable copy. It became clear after the order arrived that he had ordered by letter size not panel size, something to that affect. We tracked everything down and discovered it truly was my employees fault. Guess what? Gemini sent us the true size letters needed at no charge, and didn't even want the other, incorrect size letters, sent back.

I guess they like the way we do business, and we like the way they do business. Win-win relationship for many years.

Sorry you've had a different experience with them. I do know that there are re-sellers of their letters on the web, and that they are definetly not in the class of Gemini. Perhaps you're dealing with them, and not Gemini.

Billct2

I also have always Gemini to be a decent company to deal with and when it comes to formed plastic letters there aren't a lot of options.

Kottwitz-Graphics

There is also Wagner, but I haven't dealt with them in several years.

Gemini is great to deal with, but the one thing that does bother me is I have to pay extra to pay them. The only way around it is get a quote, mail them a company check, and there is no "payment" charge.... it's just the cost of doing business.

CanuckSigns

There is also Wagner, but I haven't dealt with them in several years.

Gemini is great to deal with, but the one thing that does bother me is I have to pay extra to pay them. The only way around it is get a quote, mail them a company check, and there is no "payment" charge.... it's just the cost of doing business.

What?!? I've also been dealing with Gemini for over 10 years and I've never seen a payment charge, we have net 30 terms with them, they invoice us.

Kottwitz-Graphics

What?!? I've also been dealing with Gemini for over 10 years and I've never seen a payment charge, we have net 30 terms with them, they invoice us.
If you get it sent cod, you pay the cod fee ( understandable) but if you want to pay with a credit card they charge you. Since you have credit with them, you don't get a charge. I, on the other hand, pay for all my supplies when I order. I don't have credit terms with any of my distributors.

threeputt

Same here. Do it the easy way folks, fill out their credit app, and be done with it.

Net 30 is the way to fly. I have terms with all my vendors. Makes it nice. Pay them up in full, once a month, and you'll enjoy the best of relationships with them.

Just my two cents added.