• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another VG Issue

tim99

Hello, every morning for a while now my channel 1 Yellow ink line is empty.
I have to manually fill the damper and line (push in the prong to touch the sensor so the yellow pump kicks on)
then perform a manual cleaning before the yellow begins to print again. and even then part of the yellow channel is magenta.

I replaced all 4 captops, and the one damper on this print head.

any ideas on what to check next?

Roland VG-540

Attachments

• 20190415_094423.jpg
    20190415_094423.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 201
  • 20190415_092211.jpg
    20190415_092211.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 210

rjssigns

Air leak causing cross contamination? Maybe something is misaligned or the nipple where the damper attaches has a tiny crack.

GTSTech_1

Not sure how your not coming into the shop with the "red flashing" light, would expect that if a damper is empty, and you have to manually move the wing to engage the sensor.

I would try a flushing adjustment, to clear up the cross contamination.

just me .02

Glennora

Couldn't hurt to check the pump lines for possible hardening, cracks, air leak or blockage & make sure the yellow ink cartridge is properly seated. Agree with RJS. It seem air must be getting in somewhere.

tim99

not sure why its not flashing red either. yes i have to manually move the wing into the sensor in order for it to pump up..

thanks for the ideas everyone Ill check out the lines and inspect for cracks.

Gabil

Gary
Air leakage due to improper seal. Flushing position adjustment and capping station stopper adjustment.