• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another wrap we did before Christmas

SSG_SIGNS

Just got the pictures downloaded for this one. It is a little busy in the background but that is exactly what the customer wanted and it looks wild running down the road.

SSG_SIGNS

It's the new camo type wrap...lol
lets try this again.

Attachments

• jason kitchen & simmons family 011.jpg
    jason kitchen & simmons family 011.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 84
  • jason kitchen & simmons family 012.jpg
    jason kitchen & simmons family 012.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 82
  • jason kitchen & simmons family 013.jpg
    jason kitchen & simmons family 013.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 92

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm not too crazy about the font chosen for his name.

I'm also not too fond of the clash of colors between background and between copy, let alone the intensity of the background.

I think although this might've been the customer's choice as you put it... its gonna come back to bite you in the butt when all of his customers, friends and relatives say.... I can't read it... and he then blames you for not doing your 'Professional' job and steer him in the right direction.

Hope I'm wrong, but the design has a lot to be desired.

SSG_SIGNS

The biggest down draw to any posting is that fact that pictures just don't do wraps justice and if you do wraps you know exactly what I am talking about. To see this one in person is actually nice and vivid, as are all wraps but if he comes back and says I didn't do a "professional job", than he should have spoke up before he drove it off my property and paid me.

racershawn

I love it and I know just what u are saying!!!

The biggest down draw to any posting is that fact that pictures just don't do wraps justice and if you do wraps you know exactly what I am talking about. To see this one in person is actually nice and vivid, as are all wraps but if he comes back and says I didn't do a "professional job", than he should have spoke up before he drove it off my property and paid me.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Please don't get pissed at me simply because I spoke the truth from where I stand.

I've had customers' over the years come back as much as four years later and complain about something stupid. Possibly a bad color was chosen, or something was out of context or wrong phone numbers [once when the customer supplied me the wrong number, but still it was my fault]. However, no one3 noticed it for like 6 months and he blamed me for not getting calls from his truck. :banghead:

I didn't say YOU were unprofessional, but I can't read any of those three thumbnails and when blown up... the color scheme just doesn't pop. Whether it's my monitor or your camera.... its still all I have to go on. I said, his comment could be you didn't guide him properly.... that's all.

Should this thing look like a masterpiece in real life, then I hope the guy got his money's worth and he comes back for more of them. :thumb::thumb:

Again, not making fun of you, but trying to prepare you for something that looks like it could happen. The customer's always right attitude doesn't always work, even though you deposited his check into your bank account.

SSG_SIGNS

I am not getting pissed at you, I hate reading typed stuff, it always comes across pissy when it doesn't. I am just stating if he had a problem with it he should have spoke up during the proof process and then before he drove off.

Bigdawg

Just Me
I tend to disagree on this one Gino...

I think it will be quite legible in person... not everything has to be seen in a thumbnail to be seen going down the road... although that's helpful.

While I would have gone a little lighter background on the colored end with the hammer... I think you did a good job and I would highly doubt your customer will come complain later...

Just my .02

TheSnowman

I like it. It may be slightly hard to read the text over the blueprints at 75MPH, but it still will turn a head...good work.

Deaton Design

When I looked at it, I thought, Hey, thats pretty cool to use the blueprints in the background, and also thought, man, low res pics just dont show what these things look like up close. Although I might have used different typestyles than what you did, I still think it does a good job of advertising for your customer, and no doubt he will be pleased. Gino is right about the friends checking it out and all though, that happens with all signs and stuff in our business. Always different opinions and a cousin that dont like it, etc.
It looks good to me. Im sure the customer will stay pleased.:)

Ponto

Subjective and objective criteria is used to form an opinion when a critique is called for. My initial impression on viewing the van was similar to Gino's and this was likely because of what he has outlined. Everyone differs on how they percieve what to be a "good" vs. "bad" design but the client felt what he recieved was effective enough to have the wrap completed... and images indicate that the wrap looks to be well executed.
Simply put... a little busy for my taste but you can't argue with money in thet bank.

JP

kstompaint

I've been pitching the blueprint background to contractors every chance I get. We haven't had a chance to do it yet, but I think I have one on the hook. Unfortunately, it's a pick-up... so it won't be as easy to pull off.

Every wrap can be nit-picked, but I think this one is nice... and a happy customer has the most important opinion.

trimitbyrich

Bravo on this one. I love the background, it looks great and very eye catching. It really gives you a lot to look at so you can spend a little time looking at it. Dont you just love that everytime you post a picture of a project you are proud of there always has to be a bunch of critical comments made about it. I am sure you posted the pics because you were proud of it, not looking fo someones opinion on what you did wrong. I make a very comfortable living doing wraps and have a great repeat customer base, but this is exactly the reason I will not post pictures of my work here.

Great Job! I know you have a very happy customer there. I'll bet he can't wait to park that next to the road on his next jobsite.

Marlene

the blueprint background is awesome! I would have used just that and no hammers at all as it is so cool, it could stand alone.