• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another X3 Question...zoom setup.

Steve C.

I just installed X3 yesterday and am trying to familiarize myself with it.
In Corel 8, in Tools set up for zoom, I can select traditional zoom flyout
which allows me to use the zoom tool, then automatically switches back
to the previously used tool. That option is not there in X3. Are the settings
for this option somewhere else? Just not available?

Steve C.

Just bringing this one to the top again. Maybe someone will know the answer. It may
take me some time to get used to X3, right now I not that impressed.

Pro Image

I just hit the space bar when Im done using the zoom tool.... It takes me back to the tool I was using before I zoomed.......This work in 12 it should work in x3 also.........Also if you use your scroll wheel on your mouse it will zoom in and out using your pointer as the center of the zoom.......Dont know if you knew that or not.............

Steve C.

Thanks for your reply Dustin, I do use my mouse wheel for zooming
in and out, also knew about the space bar. I use it to switch back and
forth from pick tool to node editing, but never thought about using it
with the zoom, I was so use to the automatic switch that I get in 8.
I still would like it to work the same.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

Pro Image

Your welcome Steve I didn't know if you new all the keyboard shortcuts or not.......Sorry I wasn't any more help............

ChiknNutz

I'm using X3, but I'm not entirely sure I understand the question. I, too, use the F-keys a fair bit. Also, I have customized many of my toolbars, one being the Zoom one. I think I added a couple of buttons, not there by default, but I forgot what exactly I've changed.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Steve,

You'll find the standard "zoom" toolbar under the "Window" menu and "Toolbars" flyout. I found there were certain functions, such as the "one shot zoom" tool not present. But you can customize that.

It's tricky to find. Go to the "Tools" menu and select "Options" it will open up a dialog box. You'll see a function tree under "Workspace." Go down to "customization." There you can find options to add more commands to existing toolbars or even create new toolbars. You can do a lot to change your workspace, even to where it works more like Flexi.

I still wish I could set up the Ctrl, Alt & Spacebar keys to where they have the same zoom and hand panning behavior as Photoshop, Illustrator and a number of other graphics applications.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Steve C. said:
I just installed X3 yesterday and am trying to familiarize myself with it.
In Corel 8, in Tools set up for zoom, I can select traditional zoom flyout
which allows me to use the zoom tool, then automatically switches back
to the previously used tool. That option is not there in X3. Are the settings
for this option somewhere else? Just not available?

Do this...

Tools->Customization...->Workspace->Commands

Select 'View' from the drop down menu

Find 'Zoom One-Shot' on the list of commands.

Drag the Zoom One-Shot icon over to whatever toolbar you want. I put it right under the normal Zoom icon on the standard toolbar on the screen's left. You can also drag the normal Zoom icon off the toolbar and drop it in the customization dialog if you want to get rid of it as well.

Zoom One Shot returns to whatever tool you had active after a single zoom occurs.

CenturySigns

Custom Sign Shop Designer
Hey Steve
I'm using x3 and just tested your question and had no problem switching back to the previous tool. I don't use that function so I'm guessing that it's a default setting on mine. Are you sure you haven't changed the setting?

Steve C.

bob and Bobby H, your information was a big help. Found a lot of other
customizations to the tool bar that I needed.

THANKS!

LarryBoy, the problem is not switching back and forth, The problem was
that I like for it to switch back automatically.