• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

anti-glare acrylic

DGDesigns

I used a non-glare plexiglass for an interior display in a museum and was greatly disappointed by the amount of reflections from ceiling-mounted fluorescent light fixtures. My wall-mounted signs are also affected by ceiling-mounted spotlights.

Is there a true anti-glare "plastic" substrate that can illuminate hotspots from lighting??

The only product I researched so far is Acrylite P-99 from emplastic.com

2B

P95 is the other acrylic with non-glare properties.

here is a handy chart for reference

MaterialApplication
Non-Glare Ultra-Light Matte P99Best for high-end artwork
Non Glare Light MatteMatte level between P99 and P95. Great for art and text
Medium Matte/Satin P95Matte level between P99 and frost. Designed for signs and displays
UV Filtering Non Glare P99 OP3High clarity for text, images, & artwork with UV protection
Clear UV Filtering OP2OP2 = Clear cast sheet with UV protection
Clear UV Filtering OP3OP3 = Clear extruded sheet with UV protection
Frosted SheetHeavy matte texture equivalent to frosted glass
Abrasion ResistantClear sheet with scratch resistant coating on 1 or 2 sides
Calypso Acrylic SheetPattern used for partitions, patio tables etc.

To stop the glare factor you need to look at "frosted" acrylic and make sire that it is 2 sided frosted

DGDesigns

Good info 2B. I had the thought of using glass etched vinyl on the backside, but realized the front would still be showing reflections. Thanks for the chart.