• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anti-graffiti, laminate vs liquid coating

ikarasu

Val/Boudica, thank you for the info. I'm a newbie, trying to roll with the punches and do what I can reasonably do in house to grow the business. Laminator is high on the list of needed gear for sure. New shop, and limited by space and funds until things (hopefully) take off.
https://www.amazon.ca/OrangeA-Lamin...minator+cold&qid=1614920741&sr=8-3&th=1&psc=1

Ever look into one of these? It's not too expensive... Youll likely mess up more trying to hand apply than it'd cost to buy one of these. It may tide you over until you can buy a laminator.

Val47

https://www.amazon.ca/OrangeA-Laminator-Laminating-Machine-29-5Inch/dp/B01N7AQKVY/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=manual+laminator+cold&qid=1614920741&sr=8-3&th=1&psc=1

Ever look into one of these? It's not too expensive... Youll likely mess up more trying to hand apply than it'd cost to buy one of these. It may tide you over until you can buy a laminator.
Just be sure to look at the US site, and not Canadian. no offence B - just saying.. Canada is expensive... he's in Idaho.

oth... just looked it up, and i'ts not available here. so. shut up Val :)

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
gnubler".....I haven't found another trade printer that does. Came across a retail shop online that offers anti-graffiti with a 75% markup, you weren't kidding about it getting expensive."

Give us a shout! We have anti graffiti lam we use on our prints. No problem!

rjssigns

gnubler".....I haven't found another trade printer that does. Came across a retail shop online that offers anti-graffiti with a 75% markup, you weren't kidding about it getting expensive."

Give us a shout! We have anti graffiti lam we use on our prints. No problem!

BOOM! OP's problem solved just like that.

No printer and no laminator yet doing jobs for the gov, boy I wish I had this much business sense. I need to stop being a pussy...

Anyway,

If you have the space to apply your lam with water then 20"x30" is really not a big deal, but you can always buy a cheap cold laminator from eBay for like $100

Last edited:

gnubler

I appreciate and value all the replies here. Definitely learned a bunch about anti-graffiti laminate options and found a trade printer who offers this (Wyld in New Jersey). Sounds like everyone uses film laminates, and not the liquid applications mentioned.

I was invited to bid on this project for a city and decided to pass on it. The reasons are obvious, as others here have openly pointed out. Too complicated for me as a new business with limited equipment and work space, but at least I got the opportunity and learned something from it. Getting a laminator is pretty high on my list, along with a bunch of other gear to help my business grow, but one step at a time. I'm running 12 hour days here and working a second job just for beer money, so cut me some slack. Most of you started small as well and had plenty of f*ck ups along the way.

Cheers.

You got it wrong mate, I envy your courage, there are a lot of stuff that can go wrong, and I'd be a pussy to jump into something like that without my current experience especially on government jobs where they ask for a crazy long guarantee time (at least here in the UK).

gnubler

The bid requested a "graffiti coating" (no 'anti'). I should have just used spray paint & Sharpies to make those and deliver them according to spec. ;)