• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anti Vandalism Material

fine point

Hi All.
I have a small gig (vinyl letters on exterior wall) coming up shortly and my client just told me the wall is made with some fancy Italian "Anti Vandalism" material.

I have never worked with such a thing and I am worried that vinyl will NOT stick to it.

I already told them that I can not guarantee a successful installation since it is supposedly made to repel "Vandalism" (I think it means it will repel spray paints somehow).

I can really impress my client if I can pull off this job. Does anyone ever worked or heard of anti vandalism wall?

FP

FatCat

Why don't you take a sample over, stick it to the wall and see what happens?

(Give it a few days and see if it peels.) :thumb:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, if vinyl will be repelled... and obviously paint won't adhere, guess you'll have to take some 'Fred & Barney' tools over and chisel the signs in. Yaba-daba-doo............

fine point

Thanks guys!
I just got a permission to test a small piece on the wall. wish me luck.

They are already making a fuss about my using heat gun (it's 25 degree out) and possible residues from vinyl. I want to say "can't have a cake and eat it too".... but I won't.

FP