Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anti Vandalism Material

Discussion in 'Installation Equipment & Techniques' started by fullpoint, Dec 16, 2013.

1. fullpoint

fullpoint Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Brooklyn
    Hi All.
    I have a small gig (vinyl letters on exterior wall) coming up shortly and my client just told me the wall is made with some fancy Italian "Anti Vandalism" material.

I have never worked with such a thing and I am worried that vinyl will NOT stick to it.

I already told them that I can not guarantee a successful installation since it is supposedly made to repel "Vandalism" (I think it means it will repel spray paints somehow).

I can really impress my client if I can pull off this job. Does anyone ever worked or heard of anti vandalism wall?

FP

Tags:
  2. FatCat

FatCat Very Active Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    Why don't you take a sample over, stick it to the wall and see what happens?

(Give it a few days and see if it peels.) :thumb:

3. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Well, if vinyl will be repelled... and obviously paint won't adhere, guess you'll have to take some 'Fred & Barney' tools over and chisel the signs in. Yaba-daba-doo............

4. fullpoint

fullpoint Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Brooklyn
    Thanks guys!
    I just got a permission to test a small piece on the wall. wish me luck.

They are already making a fuss about my using heat gun (it's 25 degree out) and possible residues from vinyl. I want to say "can't have a cake and eat it too".... but I won't.

FP

5. shoresigns

shoresigns Very Active Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Vancouver, BC
    If your test fails, you could try a hi-tack vinyl.