• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any advice for two sided sticker with adhesive on front for auto or store front inside mount

Deejay45

mainly making stickers and decals, am going to do some experimenting with a new customers request but figure I ask here and see what I come up with. I’m going to make a sticker with a business logo printed on the front which is the adhesive side for a inside mounted sticker on glass, but also want some printing on the back for when inside the store it displays the business name or hours, not necessarily another picture or logo but printed words at least. I would like for the sticker to be opaque so you see one from the outside of the store and something different while inside looking st the back of it. I’m thinking the question is should I do a clear vinyl and do a mirror image on the back so the front is still adhesive, and then print on the white vinyl and stick them together to create this effect ? Or am I looking to far into this and perhaps I can print on the adhesive side directly? I am most likely going to use a prismjet vj24 from Signwarehouse. This product will be positioned in the sun quite often and is of great importance it lasts while in direct sunlight. If you have any info or advice on this printer , if it truly is an eco solvent ink that last years outside without fading( of course company says yes but I’d love to hear from someone using this machine) or tips on making this double sided sticker that is an inside mount with the face being the adhesive side please don’t hesitate to offer any guidance MUCH APPRECIATED. Sorry for long post with many questions but I’ve done lots of research seems like this should be the way to go as far as equipment goes. Thanks in advance

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
Vinyl
———
1st artwork layer (reverse printed)
———
White layer (printed)
———
2nd artwork layer

Cut and done

dypinc

Or 2 sided printing. Laminate optical clear permanent or temporary mounting adhesive to the window side.

ikarasu

We'd likely print on clear in reverse, then laminate it with true white vinyl.

3m makes a double sided tape that comes in a big roll... So if you can do double sided printing, that's another option with some sort of poster paper.

You'll need a good UV overlam if you want it to last year's and years. I'd price everything out before buying... You might find the proffit isn't there for this job.

You have to print twice... Laminate twice (to last more than a year or two), align and applicate the decals, which isn't an easy job without the right equipment, which I'm presuming you don't have.

Then they'll likely offer you a couple bucks per sticker. Unless you have lots of other work lined up for a new printer purchase... I suggest outsourcing.

Christian @ 2CT Media

You could print on a polypropylene film double sided then apply a optically clear mounting adhesive.

You could also do as you suggested of mirror print clear then apply a printed white layer, but then alignment becomes and issue.

3rd option is flatbed printing with white ink. Color white color.

WrapSolutions

You could print on a polypropylene film double sided then apply a optically clear mounting adhesive.

You could also do as you suggested of mirror print clear then apply a printed white layer, but then alignment becomes and issue.

3rd option is flatbed printing with white ink. Color white color.
Any recommendations for the optically clear mounting adhesive? We haven't had any luck using our Epson SureColor on any adhesive "faced" printed material.

IPSLSignsman

mainly making stickers and decals, am going to do some experimenting with a new customers request but figure I ask here and see what I come up with. I’m going to make a sticker with a business logo printed on the front which is the adhesive side for a inside mounted sticker on glass, but also want some printing on the back for when inside the store it displays the business name or hours, not necessarily another picture or logo but printed words at least. I would like for the sticker to be opaque so you see one from the outside of the store and something different while inside looking st the back of it. I’m thinking the question is should I do a clear vinyl and do a mirror image on the back so the front is still adhesive, and then print on the white vinyl and stick them together to create this effect ? Or am I looking to far into this and perhaps I can print on the adhesive side directly? I am most likely going to use a prismjet vj24 from Signwarehouse. This product will be positioned in the sun quite often and is of great importance it lasts while in direct sunlight. If you have any info or advice on this printer , if it truly is an eco solvent ink that last years outside without fading( of course company says yes but I’d love to hear from someone using this machine) or tips on making this double sided sticker that is an inside mount with the face being the adhesive side please don’t hesitate to offer any guidance MUCH APPRECIATED. Sorry for long post with many questions but I’ve done lots of research seems like this should be the way to go as far as equipment goes. Thanks in advance

Those sound expensive, I would digitally print in reverse onto clear vinyl to face out of the window, with cut lines, set up your batches of stickers to be no larger that 1000 x 580mm (otherwise your stickers wont line up)
Digitally print your white stickers, have the clear stickers and white stickers with matching cut lines, weed out the borders of both clear and white stickers, apply application tape to your white stickers, apply the white stickers on top of the clear, then either remove the appo tape as a whole sheet then cut out the stickers or cut out the stickers then remove the appo, I would only do this in small quantities as its costly in labour and materials, for large quantities send your artwork to a printers and have window cling stickers mage.