• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any Advice?

Onri97477

I am doing a Storefront window graphic in vinyl. It will be approx 50" wide, 3 colors of cut vinyl. This is what thew customer wants. I did it in Flexi and it just doesn't look right to me. I am worried that it won't read well driving by. I don't like the font either, they do. I have done quite a few of these (type only) but, I have only done a couple where there is design involved. I am still a new guy so please....be gentle:design:
So....What I'd appreciate is your feedback and advice.
Thanks, Onri

Attachments

• sunny beach.jpg
    sunny beach.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 173

Jillbeans

Other than the hideous font, which all customers love but we signfolks hate, it really lacks contrast.
Try making the blue darker.
And the yellow border thinner.
Love....Jill

Lunatic Taskbar

I agree with Jillbeans, not enout contrast between the colours, how far away will people need to read this. ie is it a up close and personal or driving by at speed.

I tend to (time permitting) give the customer what they want and also a version thats just works better and then let them choose.

I flatly refused to do a sign for one customer, (they designed it) and told them it would be a waste of their money, I designed something much better and pleasing to the eye, and they went with it and I produced sofar another 20 I think signs for them all built around my original.

Remember if it works then great it will be their idea, if it doesnt guess whos fault it will be!!!

cOrKinSA

Hey man I will be as gentle as that color scheme was to my eyes. Wow, I thought only Japan cartoons gave people seizures!
C'mon man your a designer. You don't want to drive by this place and have to gringe when you see it. Look deep inside your thinking and pull out your own idea. We all get these jobs but it's rare to give 'em back like this.

Last edited:

James Chrimes

The colors don't work well together at all. The tree design seems like it is 5 miles away. You want the customer to feel like they are on the beach. The customer is wrong most of the time, and needs to be steered in the right direction. Her is a quick take using three colors on glass that will all layer in order.

Attachments

• SUNNY BEACH.JPG
    SUNNY BEACH.JPG
    154.3 KB · Views: 123

Jackpine

Everything that was said previously. Color contrast, font choice....make my eyes hurt. Sign Solution has a good idea. Leave some glass open. It will act as a dark tone and they will be able to see in and out of the window.

Onri97477

The Color change helps, The cut moon is great. I am still with the same design, I took the shadowing of the type and then outlined them. I also set it up without the background colors, per see through the window response. I soooo appreciate all your help. I am not much of a designer.... yet!
:thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou:
I am still interested in responses if you like.

Attachments

• sunnybeachwindow11.jpg
    sunnybeachwindow11.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 109