• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any benefit to using more UV ink?

I have got our Jeti 1224 profiled to run 600x1200 18 pass for high quality artwork type stuff and 300x600 9 pass for everyday signage...

I'm wondering does it really matter in terms of longevity/scratch resistance...the 18 pass 6x12 really lays down the ink...and I have been leaning toward using it for permanent signage, but wondering if it is necessary?

The colors come out the same with either mode (good profiles) and there is very little noticeable difference in quality, especially on 4x8s.

(also if the colors are the same the ink usage should be the same?)

Any advantage to the 600x1200?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Other than the ink actually being about twice the thickness, I don't think that equates to lasting twice as long. It will probably last a little longer, but like with ours which is good for 3 to 4 years..... doubling up might add another year or two.

However, this is not scientific, but what we've witnessed to date.

DustinD

Merchant Member
More ink usually equals less adhesion. The pigments should fade equally if the end result is relatively close with both print modes.