• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any chance flexi could be causing this printing error?

waximoff

Hello,
I posted another thread about this issue over in the Mutoh forum.. (http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?131174-1204-dropping-bands-of-ink-during-print)

I'm using flexi 8.6 v2 and things have been going pretty smooth up until a few days ago. It started with a few errors on the printer (E074 ERR) and it progressed to what is in the pictures. I've been told it might be a hardware issue but I'm not sold on that yet so I thought I'd ask the Flexi gurus here.

The print error seems a little too "patterned" to be random. For instance, when I first turn on everything (either after a reboot or for the day) the print gets about 75% done before it starts laying down the ink, then when I send any print after that, it errors immediately. When I reboot, it makes it about 75% again.

The problem seems to be worse on the larger files, smaller files that rip in a blink will print fine (usually around 10"-12" worth of decals on 48" wide media.) I went into production manager settings and made sure that the "print while ripping" button was unchecked.. It seems to be an interruption in the signal that is making the print go haywire.

Thanks for reading this and hopefully somebody has seen something like this before.

Attachments

• 20160321_162342.jpg
    20160321_162342.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 160
  • 20160321_162420.jpg
    20160321_162420.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 146

waximoff

Thanks J hill. I'll double check everything again. I did just notice a small "splash" on the t-fence. doesn't look like ink though.

Ponto

Thanks J hill. I'll double check everything again. I did just notice a small "splash" on the t-fence. doesn't look like ink though.

... my recent small "splash" on the fence resulted in a public urination charge..
j