• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any Design Art Pro Gurus out there?

smhdesigns

If anyone out there has vast knowledge of the Design Art Pro 3.5 program, your wise words of wisdom are appreciated :)

smhdesigns

Is it possible to import a full color raster pdf image into the program and the create a contour line around the outside dimensions to save it as a vector file?

Hope I worded that correctly....

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I have some.

I had some direct contact with Anagraph in the 90's and used both their version 2 and version 3 of Design Art and found it occasionally very good but often ill conceived. For example, it is the only application I have ever encountered that saved files that were not compatible with later versions of Design Art.. Which is to say that version 3 could not open a version 2 file until it was converted with a separately provided utility program. It came as no surprise when Anagraph closed its doors.

The simple fact is that Design Art is out of date, unsupported, and not worth chasing after. You should purchase licenses for Corel X6 an CoCut Pro and move on. You will find that Corel is incredibly well supported with lots of tutorials available and is both intuitive and easy to learn. CoCut simply does a good job of providing a bridge to your plotter.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Is it possible to import a full color raster pdf image into the program and the create a contour line around the outside dimensions to save it as a vector file?

Hope I worded that correctly....

I don't think the PDF format existed when Design Art 3.5 was written.

smhdesigns

Thank you for the info. This in turn leads me into another question which I perceive you have answered also. Is it still feasible to use the ANA plotter? I'm gathering by your post that I can acquire corel as the designing software and in addition to CoCut as a driver for the plotter?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Thank you for the info. This in turn leads me into another question which I perceive you have answered also. Is it still feasible to use the ANA plotter? I'm gathering by your post that I can acquire corel as the designing software and in addition to CoCut as a driver for the plotter?

Yes, that's correct. I would double check at the CoCut site but I'm pretty sure it's a supported plotter.