• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any Experience with bettersigns.com/pvcsigns.com?

kyjeeper

This is my personal experience with http://www.bettersigns.com (also operates as http://www.pvcsigns.com). I've ordered from them twice, neither experience was what I would call good.

The first order was for 2 shields (my design) that were 24" x 26" in 1/4" PVC material. A week after my order, I received 1 of the 2 shields. When I called to inquire about the other, I was greeted with a "yeah, what about it?" and "oh you ordered two? I'll see what I can do." 10 days later I finally received the second. I never received tracking information for either.

I chalked up this problem to a one time problem.

My second order was for 2 circles (their stock shape) that were 24" dia in 1/2" PVC material. 6 days (Monday) after my ordered, I had heard nothing from Al, so I called to inquire. I was told "Yeah, we're probably cutting them today or tomorrow." I asked if I would get them by Friday, and Al said "yeah, you're in New York you'll have em Wednesday." I'm not in New York. He checked the ordered and said "huh. yeah you'll have em Thursday, Friday at the latest." Friday is here, UPS and Fedex have run and I have no blanks. I've called for the last two days and have yet to get anyone or a callback. I've also emailed and received no response there, either.

From their own website:
Q: What is the turn around time for sign blanks cut to my specifications?

A: Better Signs realizes the importance of a short lead time in today's competitive environment. Most orders for custom and stock sign blanks are shipped the same day as ordered.

Neither order was shipped same day, and the second hadn't even been produced 6 days after the order.

Has anyone else had any experience with this company? Sorry for the length, but this has put me in a bind and I'm curious if anyone else has had this much trouble out of them.

beckys

I used to order from them...same thing.
Haven't ordered in years, and I'm glad now that I haven't.
same run-around.
Be careful of a merchant member here who offers their blanks, they were all gouged when I got them, and they wouldn't take them back, even after sending pics.

kyjeeper

I used to order from them...same thing.
Haven't ordered in years, and I'm glad now that I haven't.
same run-around.
Be careful of a merchant member here who offers their blanks, they were all gouged when I got them, and they wouldn't take them back, even after sending pics.

I just found a post on here from 09 that were circles that were gouged as well. My first order from them hand footprints on it, luckily they were getting covered in printed vinyl, but it's definitely no way to run a business.