• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any experience with prepasted products and butt joints on a latex printer?

solock

We are evaluating adding a latex or resin printer to our shop.

One of the primary lines that we would be adding would be the pvc free wallpaper from HP or Magic Sleek, or any of the other pre pasted wallpaper equivilants.

Many of the product descriptions of specifically the HP PVC free talk of size stability and no shrinkage, but every install demo shows an overlap at install.

We are looking for a butt jointed offering that is easy to acheive and we like the pricepoint of the prepasted product.

If they pullback or shrink then that kills that idea...

Any one with install experience for the prepasted products and installing with butt joints?

THanks,

Steve

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Steve

I see that you are in Easton PA and we are located in Wharton NJ and have the HP latex printers on display. If I can answer any questions or would like to see a demonstration please reach out.
My phone and e-mail address is listed below.

Thank You

Dave Philipps

Graphic Resource Systems LLC
105 W Dewey Ave Building C Suite 18
Wharton NJ 07885

dphilipps@thegrs.com
http://www.thegrs.com
Shop Online: http://www.thegrs.com/shop
See us on: Facebook
For techsupport issues, address all inquiries to techsupport@thegrs.com
Phone 973-808-8600 ext 112
Fax 973-808-9388

jfiscus

Rap Master
I would not be concerned about the material itself shrinking, most of those materials offer zero stretch. However, I would be very concerned about the ability of the latex to achieve constant material feed between panels. I have heard of many times where the size of the panel varies from the size of the actual printed panel, so alignment between panels would be a nightmare with zero stretch.

victor bogdanov

Are you installing this yourself or selling products for customers to apply themselves?

In my experience it is much better to overlap if customer will be applying themselves as it is more forgiving.

Also trimming with overlap is easier and doesn't have to be perfect, 1" overlap and you can safely trim off 1/8"+ on the panels during production and not worry about stuff not lining up. Butt joints your trimming better be perfect

solock

This would be our own installers.

We do a lot of wall graphics, usually based around IJ35, but with the move to low or zero VOC paints, we've needed to move to Hitack like IJ90 or the oracal or GF equivalents.

They all pull back slightly over the first 30 days, so overlap is necessary.

Rarely do we have a customer who is willing to pay to upgrade to cast.

So the ability to apply pvc free prepasted from hp or others onto a recently primed wall, and be able to pull off butt joints for >.40/sqft media is pretty attractive

Ive heard the length issues with the HP's, even into the 700's but talked to a R5070 epson owner and they stated it has been rock solid for length of print on their wallpapers.

jfiscus

Rap Master
I cannot speak for the R-series, but our S-series printers have a great material feed calibration tool built into them. I'm assuming the R-series is the same.