• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any Experiences with C001 Banding Tool?- Square Posts?

Speedsterbeast

I have an installation of parking signs to do at a local car lot. They want the signs attached to square light posts (with a decent radius on the corners) about 15' in the air.
I don't want to drill into the posts because of fear of hitting the wiring.
I was thinking of a banding tool.
More specifically a C001 Model- It's inexpensive, and I don't know if I'll use it very much after this- First time needing one in over 5 years.

I'm looking for feedback on the tool, or other suggestions, as well as-
IF ANYONE HAS TRIED USING THESE ON SQUARE POSTS.

http://www.band-it-idex.eu/en/products/Tools/BAND-IT Tool.html

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I have that tool and it has been working fine for a good 10 years or so.
It is a little clumsy at first but with a little practice on the ground before going up the pole and it is easy.
You can run off the uncut roll to zero out the waste but it is a good deal faster to precut the lengths and set the clips on the starting edge (once you figure how long each band needs to be).
You might be surprised to find out how many things you can use it for once you find yourself with a left over roll or two.
We've used it for everything from anchoring outdoor displays to the commercial automotive side of our business (lift gates & flatbeds).

wayne k
guam usa

MikePro

we have that same banding tool. works great!
square-post installs are actually easier than round ones, imho. its just like a zip-tie, tension grips any shape.

bannertime

I know this is a bit different from the questions, but it is a "techniques" section. We recently did a job for a fast food joint's parking lot, they didn't want anything showing. So all those signs went up with 3M VHB, very quickly too. They are 18in x 24in .080 Alum. Haven't had any issues.

CanuckSigns

I know this is a bit different from the questions, but it is a "techniques" section. We recently did a job for a fast food joint's parking lot, they didn't want anything showing. So all those signs went up with 3M VHB, very quickly too. They are 18in x 24in .080 Alum. Haven't had any issues.

I'm not sure I would trust any tape, even VHB to hold a metal sign of that size up. why would a fast food place care if you can see a fastener? it's not like the place is classy.

ejaximus

We've used this tool specifically for square posts and have had no problem with it. The main thing to note is that it is very cumbersome to use, so practice with it before going out in the field is my best advice. We also have struggled with securing buckle after the band is tightened but a hammer and a little luck seemed to do the trick with that as well. It's a good system but it will take you some practice.

TXFB.INS

I'm not sure I would trust any tape, even VHB to hold a metal sign of that size up. why would a fast food place care if you can see a fastener? it's not like the place is classy.

I agree that I would hesitate to only use VHB, especially if these signs can be touched from people walking in teh parking lot

if they wanted a clean install, a modified french cleat or use a counter sunk bolt head.

bannertime

For the concerned;

I went back and looked at the order, they were ACM and not .080 alum. They've been up in 70mph+ storm winds. Also they are not within easy reach.

Their corporate had them installed that way on the smaller "compact car" and handicap signs. So naturally they wanted their other signs done that way.