• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any Freelance Wrap Designers?

coastguy111

Hey Wayne,

One of the best things about niche specific forums is being able to get deeper insights into industry's and to network with others. Being helpful, talented, and contributing that information is what drives people to become members. I just didn't see any reason for such a response directed at me.

Coastguy,
I think you have Rick pegged all wrong.
He does not need me to defend him but you might want to do a quick search of this list for some of his replies.
He is one of the more helpful, talented, stable guys posting here (disregarding that sock monkey onesie fetish of his)

wayne k
guam usa

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I might have gone overboard with the booger flick...

I sowwy...

(but you're still a fuffeehead....)

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
What reeks of ignorance is your comments and lack of professionalism. I never stated that crowdsourcing is great.

And this effects the OP negatively how? For a graphic designer that is new or who doesn't have a lot of confidence in their abilities, then using the 99design platform might not be the best choice to get work. For someone needing a designer/design, this option can be a great resource.

And I would love for you to tell me what my job is?? huh?

You sound like a very bitter person for whatever reason, and have decided to take it out on me. If this is how you conduct your business, then I can understand why people might choose to take their's somewhere else.
Bitter no, but coming on here with the crowdsource kool-aid has gotten you other negative responses... we all bitter? Try asking where to get cheap printing, cheap install or cutting corners in any specialty.. you're gonna catch greif

So I take it that everything you buy is made in the US? Is the computer or phone that you are using to post on this forum made in the US? you obviously missed my point... You have put a lot of words in my mouth in this post. Where did I start "spouting off that this is the new standard for stelar work"??
You obviously don't understand the importance of reputation, especially in this day and age. Saying that most sign shops are hacks-never said that...You should re-read my comment- and cut corners is prejudging and insulting to the many sign shop owners that are members of this forum.

By coming on a site, where DESIGN is what drive most of our work, where many good award winning designers post, many who write articles or are featured in trade magazines and teach design... that most of us here do this for that creative outlet, then you trip in here suggesting design by the pound is a good solution instead of using a designer with talent, training and experience in sign/wrap design isn't gonna help your reputation much here.

jfiscus

Rap Master
(skipping the other portion of the discussion for obvious reasons)
What model/resource do you recommend then for someone that's new to the industry, and needs to outsource the graphic design portion of their vehicle wrap business?

I would recommend doing exactly what the OP is doing here; reaching out to a network of professionals in the industry for an independent designer. I do this type of work myself, hence why I repleted above. Having a competent experienced professional to outsourcing the design to when you can't do it yourself is just as important as having a print vendor to outsource production of materials that you can't print yourself/in-house.