• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any Help Appreciated - Mutoh 1204

Hot Vinyl

Hot Vinyl
I am having issues with my Mutoh 1204. I just replaced the head about 3 weeks ago and it was working great again. Then on Thursday I noticed that my black had very minimal spots missing but figured I would do a cleaning the next day. I did several cleanings and my black got worse then I lost my magenta. As I was changing my cartridge out the whole printer went dead. It would not come back on. Then I took the power up panel off and tried it and it had power. Then the problem was it said magenta was out. I tried changing it and then got an kcmy s/c read error. I noticed that the id panel inside for the magenta was broken so I changed that out. I only changed out the magenta one though. I still am getting the kcmy s/c read error. I did change out the panel for the colors behind that sites right above the cartridges. I am wondering if there is any fix to this.

I also checked all cables and then are secure and pushed in. Is there something else I can check?

I was using bulk inks should I get original OEM inks and try to reset?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Please help a lady out.

Thank you guys.

heyskull

Capping station problem.
Easiest thing to do is replace the complete maintenance station especially if the head is new.

SC

heyskull

Also the read error could be a problem with the chip readers. These are a common failure and I have replaced loads on mine.

SC

Hot Vinyl

Hot Vinyl
Thanks for your response. With the readers so you have to replace all 4 at the same time? I only replaced the magenta. Didn't see anything wrong with the others.