• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any help? Flexi to EPS

NFRYNUF

Hey all,

Pretty new to the vinyl making. I paint RC cars for a side job and my graphics guy closed up shop a while back. Him and I have done lots of jobs together but he had to close down. I recently purchased a Graphtec 24" plotter and love it. I already had the Adobe Illustrator CS2 so i'm using that software. My old graphics guy let me have all the files that he and I did together, prolly a good 300 of them, but all of his files were saved from Flexi, and as i'm sure most on here know, illustrator will not open these files. Short from purchasing Flexi just to convert these files, would anyone have a suggestion as to how to convert these? Is there maybe a trial version out there that would allow me just to open these files and save as to EPS or AI? or does anyone know of any other software that can open these files and be able to save as something else? Like I said theres a few hundred of these files I need to convert, i know theres people that would do it for a fee but I just don't have the $ to go that route at this time due to being laid off recently... Any help would be VERY MUCH appreciated...

Thanks for your time!

Denny
"Got Paint?"

strypguy

You'll need someone to convert them to eps for you that has flexi. I don't think there is a way to do it other then that.

John

Last edited:

NFRYNUF

The problem is I don't have the Flexi Software... Was hoping there might be a trial out there or something... If I had the software I probably would use it instead as I know its a great program... I just can't afford it and already have Illustrator... I appreciate the reply though!

Denny

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Your only solution is to open each file in Flexi and export it out as EPS. You can do this by purchasing a licensed copy, hiring someone to do it for you, or by befriending someone with Flexi to grant you access to do it at his machine.

You should be aware that any fonts used that were not converted to outlines are going to require that the correct font be installed on the system doing the converting or font substitution will occur resulting in errors in your saved EPS versions.

The version of the Flexi files is also important. You will not be able to open them in a version with a lower/older number. What happened to the copy of Flexi that created them?

strypguy

Maybe you could ask the last guy if he still has his flexisign and buy it or have him convert them for you??

John

NFRYNUF

Your only solution is to open each file in Flexi and export it out as EPS. You can do this by purchasing a licensed copy, hiring someone to do it for you, or by befriending someone with Flexi to grant you access to do it at his machine.

You should be aware that any fonts used that were not converted to outlines are going to require that the correct font be installed on the system doing the converting or font substitution will occur resulting in errors in your saved EpS versions.

The version of the Flexi files is also important. You will not be able to open them in a version with a lower/older number. What happened to the copy of Flexi that created them?

When my graphics guy closed shop he sold his equipment along with the software. He was not aware at the time I was planning on getting a machine for myself or else he probably would have sold it all to me and there would have been no issues... lol... Anyways, I totally understand what your saying and have been looking for used copies with no luck or very much out of my budget range... I'll keep on my search and hope for the best...

Thanks!

Denny