• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any Hope of Saving This Graphic?

rdm01

We installed some contour cut wrapping vinyl on fairly rough cedar. It's peeling and now we're wondering if there is any way to save the graphic or abate the peeling, even if just for a few weeks. When originally installed, we hit it with some 3M edge sealer. Some edges are fine, while other are peeling back like in the image.

1626888094232.png

I'm wondering if it can be saved or stuck back down, even if just for a week or so until a promotion ends.

Chuck B

Riff Meister
+1 for the spray adhesive idea. Instead of trying to mask it, spray the adhesive into a cup (enough to form a liquid pool) and paint it on the back of the graphic with a small craft brush. When the glue starts to set, push the graphic down into place.

unclebun

You cannot get the part that has lifted to stick back with anything. You can cut away the part that has lifted and it will slow the peel.