• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any idea of what this vinyl is?

CropMarks

Hello all, I have a customer who gave me a sample of some cut vinyl they had made for them in the past and I have no idea of what the material is. It has a clear release liner and the vinyl has a very bumpy texture. I brought it to Advantage Sign Supply here in GR and they couldn't tell what it is either.

I applied a small part of the vinyl to a black sheet so you could see the texture better... although I'm not too sure how well you can see it no matter what I do with it.

Any help in figuring out what the mystery vinyl is, is greatly appreciated!!! Thanks! Mike.

Attachments

• mystery vinyl.jpg
    mystery vinyl.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 71

gabagoo

Hello all, I have a customer who gave me a sample of some cut vinyl they had made for them in the past and I have no idea of what the material is. It has a clear release liner and the vinyl has a very bumpy texture. I brought it to Advantage Sign Supply here in GR and they couldn't tell what it is either.

I applied a small part of the vinyl to a black sheet so you could see the texture better... although I'm not too sure how well you can see it no matter what I do with it.

Any help in figuring out what the mystery vinyl is, is greatly appreciated!!! Thanks! Mike.

If it is a clear or foggy finish it may be some of those 3M high end frosted vinyls that designers and architects spec.

Here check out this link. These guys are up here in Canada and not to far from you. I bet they know what it is

http://conveniencegroup.com/Home/default.aspx?DealerGroupId=7

TimberSign

Hard to tell from your picture but looks like one I have in one of my sample charts from "Universal Products" sold here in Canada by Express Sign Products. The colour chart is calling it "Non-Skid"-990 NON SKID BLACK. It's listed in the Specialty Graphic Films section. It's the only one I have seen that has a bumpy feel to it.

CropMarks

Thanks for the ideas of where to start looking Canada guys! (I love Canada... but I'm really sorry... GO WINGS!) :Canada 2: - Miked.