• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any idea on how to accomplish this?

speedmedia

I received an order for some printed postcards (8.5"x11") on Friday for Monday. Doesn't seem logical. I have artwork and files ready to go and was trying to figure out anyway to get this accomplished? Anyone use the big box stores for any of this?

I went to Kinkos this morning and they said they could do it but there wouldn't be a bleed. That is my last resort right now.

Any ideas on how I can pull this off? I typically use 4over or 48hourprint.com but the time isn't there.

Thanks,
Kurt

dwt

I would think we should have a Merchant Member for those.
Did you have a looksie? If no one there can help you, maybe use Digital Propaganda.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
Are there not any local printers you can go and have this done? It's a little too late to try and use an online vendor. If you have your mailing list you may be able to use one online that will handle the printing and mailing and get it in the mail by Wednesday.

We use a local printer for small runs under 200 and have a deal with them for 20% off. Not much but their prices are within reason most of the time. Problem with full bleed 8.5x11 is they will have to print 2 up on 12x18 and trim. If you can change your design to no bleed it shouldn't be too hard to find a Kinko's type place to run them on card stock.

Letterbox Mike

You should have a local print shop with a digital press (think color copier on steroids, Xerox DC12, 3030, etc.). Anybody can run those 2-up with bleed on 12x18 paper for you in no time. Not going to be as cheap as 4over but it is what it is.

300mphGraphics

Local print shop. I could do it, if I was in your area. Stuck working today anyway..

You could possibly look at buying a larger, 11x17 printer that handles card stock and run them 1up, but you'd still have to take them to Kinkos or the like and have them cut to size. And they'd probably screw that up. Hmmm, maybe office stores don't carry 11x17..

Another possibility is to print them 8½x11 and under-trim the sheets, if it isn't that critical. 99 out of a 100 people wouldn't realize the sheet is undersized by a ¼".

300mphGraphics

Also, if the quantity wasn't too many, it could all be done digitally on Monday morning. Find a likely printer nearby and sit on his doorstep first thing Monday.