• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any idea what is causing these streaks....

Tony Rome

I had this happen before, can't remember what I did to remedy.
Any help?
Thanks.

(No, those streaks are not in the design...unfortunately)
And rather than streaks it looks more like didn't lay enough ink in those areas.

I am using the correct profile for Versacamm SP540V, Standard mode.

Thanks.

streaks 1.jpg streaks 2.jpg

Mosh

Is it a new roll? On new rolls we always start the print past where it has been exposed, like 12"-14" in.

Tony Rome

Thanks, it was sort of a new roll, but I used at least 20 feet before that with no problem.
I rolled an additional 3-4 feet from those bad prints and it seem to have went away.
That's what I get from switching from Oracal 3165Ra which was working fine for years to 3M IJ35C, man this stuff is super thick too.

msrobere

Usually I get this when there is ripples in the material. To much heat or if I let the material sit in the printer overnight. If you watch by the rollers you will probably see the vinyl isn't completely flat.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Usually I get this when there is ripples in the material. To much heat or if I let the material sit in the printer overnight. If you watch by the rollers you will probably see the vinyl isn't completely flat.

+1

Thinking the same thing.

Tony Rome

OK, I definitely did that...had it in there all night.
Thanks!

HulkSmash

not contaminated media. It does that impression but it's not.

I get this now and again, with no understanding of why.. but here is how we fix it.

Increase the ink passes - trust me.

OADesign

not contaminated media. It does that impression but it's not.

I get this now and again, with no understanding of why.. but here is how we fix it.

Increase the ink passes - trust me.

So by this you mean increase passes that same way you would for say a backlit print on translucent media?

If not, can you explain this one?

Tony Rome

OK had to come back and update. It happened again and I fixed it a different way.
It was due to gradient fill.
I went back and rasterized the graphic but still kept it as an .eps so I could contour cut. (If I did not need a contour cut I would have just exported as .jpg and printed).
It seems versaworks was struggling with the gradient, got a perfect print after rasterizing.
Hope nobody has to go through this, but if you do....

iam808

OK had to come back and update. It happened again and I fixed it a different way.
Hope nobody has to go through this, but if you do....

Appreciate the follow up, I've had this happen on a few occasions. My fix was to run the prints on Generic Vinyl 2, standard.

Tony Rome

Appreciate the follow up, I've had this happen on a few occasions. My fix was to run the prints on Generic Vinyl 2, standard.
You're welcome. I think it could be a variety of reasons in a variety of circumstances so having more solutions is great!
Thanks!