• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

any idea what is causing this?

gabagoo

I use the Orbus orient retractable banner stands exclusively...This one unit came back because the customer made an error in the graphic.... Now I don't see these once they leave here and I have done over 100 over the last couple of years... This one comes back and I pull the banner out and this is what I see running up the entire right hand side.... It is obvious that the unit itself has done something to my graphics...but how? Now it makes me wonder just how many of my stands are ruining the graphic?

Attachments

• orient stand.jpg
    orient stand.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 75

gabagoo

So do I take a chance and reload it with a new graphic? Weird that this comes back to me and they never said anything about the rubbing? I am very frustrated thinking that something in the unit did this?

hansman

Most of the damage I have seen to these is when someone (usually someone under 5 feet) is setting them up or taking them down and wham they let the top of the bar go.

gabagoo

I'm amazed this doesn't happen more often with that style. Was the graphic laminated?

No laminate... not sure with this material you have to... although that might be a good idea for full colour in the future. I suppose the laminate would have gotten all marked up as well though

hansman

I have had mixed results laminating retractable stands and generally dont.
The printed material needs to be thinner, the laminate needs to be the thinnest textured lam you can find otherwise good luck on the retraction.
After all that, if a customer tosses it in a trunk in Alaska or Palm Springs for a month........